IT Technical Support Officer/IT Technician/IT Support Engineer
Job Title: IT Technician
Location: Manchester, M22
Salary: £20,000 DOE.
Hours: 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Thursday and 8:30am-5pm on Friday
Our client is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in personal injury. They cover every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters. The company pride themselves in the work they do helping injured people.
They are LEXCEL and Law Society accredited and are a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of their Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel and one of their Partners is a member of the Law Society Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel.
The company is currently looking to appoint an IT Technician to assist the IT team in the day to day and long term function of the company's IT infrastructure. Candidates must have a minimum of two years' experience working within a similar role. Any experience working with Proclaim case management system will be a distinct advantage.
The role's main focus with be to ensure the smooth running of the company's IT technical resources and supporting internal staff members with any hardware or software issues.
- Administration of in-house software;
- Desktop support and troubleshooting in Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 10/8/7 environments;
- Support for deployed printers, scanners and other peripherals across the network;
- Support for remote working arrangements through Microsoft Terminal Services;
- Support for company mobile phones or other mobile devices;
- Support for company telecoms system
- Responsibility for maintaining a comprehensive asset register and warranty database;
- Support for security systems linked to the IT network.
- A minimum two years' experience working within IT Support.
- Knowledge of Windows based operating systems and troubleshooting common problems.
- Understanding of network infrastructure and technology.
- Understanding of computer hardware and peripherals.
- Analytical and problem solving skills are essential across a broad spectrum of ICT disciplines.
- Ability to prioritise work received via telephone, email and helpdesk based on business or user impact.
- Strong communication skills and the capability to deal firmly with external support contractors to ensure levels of service are attained at all times.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills .
- Must understand the concept of internal customers and ensure that internal stakeholders remain confident in the ability of the firm's systems to deliver.
- Knowledge of Proclaim case management and experience of working with software provider Eclipse.
- BigHand digital dictation.
- Dragon speech recognition.
- IP telephone systems e.g. Avaya IP Office.
- Experience of working in the legal industry.
20 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays rising by a day a year up to 23 days. In addition, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and you will not be required to use your holiday allowance for this period.
Their employees are our most important asset and it's their employees who have made Express Solicitors the success it is today. Their recruitment process consolidates that success.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: IT Analyst, IT Lead, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, IT Desk Support, 1st Line Support, IT Manager 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, Desktop Support, 1st Line Support Engineer, 1st Line Support, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Fault Desk, IT.
Apply for IT Technical Support Officer/IT Technician/IT Support Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly