D&M Heritage is a company specialising in publishing, printing and digitisation services for books and other publications. Based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, we are seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual to undertake a series of sales and administrative activities for magazines published under the D&M Heritage brand.
We are based in modern offices on a landscaped business park between the villages of Netherton and Lockwood in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. The offices are friendly and professional and are on a main bus route. The company is small, with 10 employees working in either our administration office or in our modern production facility.
We are happy to accept applications for this role for either part or full time employment, between 16 and 37.5 hours per week, which can be worked flexibly. We offer 20 days annual leave plus 8 statutory holidays.
Supporting our Magazine Project Manager, you will be primarily responsible for liaising with our sales and design teams and customers in order to organise advertising for placement in the magazines which are published quarterly.
The post involves the following tasks:
- Receiving orders from the external sales team
- Contacting customers by telephone or email to confirm their orders
- Writing invoices and credit notes using Sage 50
- Liaising with our designer to prepare advertisements
- Checking advertisements and sending them to the customer
- Liaising with the customer to obtain approval of the advertisements
- Arrange the payment of commission to the sales team
- Chasing outstanding invoices
- Checking advertisements in the final magazines
- Overseeing the distribution of the magazines
- Answering telephone calls, greeting visitors, accepting deliveries and other general administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate will be educated to a minimum of GCSE level (5 GCSEs, including English and Mathematics) and have relevant experience in an administrative role. The candidate will have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook). Experience of Sage 50 would be advantageous.
As the ideal candidate you will be highly organised, with the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team, whilst managing your own workload. A friendly, confident telephone manner is essential. You will also possess good literacy skills.
Applicants must apply with a covering letter and CV. Please note that applications received without a covering letter will not be considered.
To apply for this position, please email a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com. If you have any queries regarding the position, please contact us by email or telephone 01484 534323.
Apply for Sales Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly