- Full Time
Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Governance Officer to join our team in London. The successful applicant will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a salary of £32,000 – £38,000 per annum.
We are seeking an ICSA qualified/ part qualified assistant company secretary/Governance Officer to join the Governance team to provide high quality, professional company secretarial services.
The professional support services provided by the Governance team ensure that legal and regulatory risks are managed to an acceptable level across the Peabody Group and that an adequate control environment is maintained to mitigate them.
With recent experience of working as a board secretary, governance officer or assistant company secretary, you will be expected to work independently when undertaking core company secretarial activities. You will be ACIS part qualified/hold an ICSA certificate or have considerable relevant company secretarial experience as well as being accustomed to working within a large, complex organisation. You will have a good working knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and mandatory regulatory reporting requirements.
Drawing on your company secretarial experience, you will provide advice, guidance and support to the boards of directors of Peabody’s registered providers (regulated by the HCA Charity Commission and FCA), commercial businesses, executives and board committees. This Governance Officer role will involve developing and maintaining trust based relationships with external and internal stakeholders and ensuring that Peabody and its subsidiaries comply with regulatory requirements. You will be required to assess clients’ needs to ensure effective and efficient service delivery and support them in resolving their governance and board related queries and issues.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills required by the ideal Governance Officer:
- Governance officers should have in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in their own discipline. Work independently when undertaking core company secretarial activities with minimum guidance. They usually determine own work priorities in relation to administrative responsibilities.
- Experience of servicing boards and committees.
- Experience relevant to the governance, regulatory, company secretarial and compliance work of the team (e.g. company.
- Secretarial, governance, internal audit, legal/paralegal, financial qualification).
- Experience of interpreting and analysing information, and identifying action required.
- Experience of forming and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
Desirable experience- professional knowledge of any or all of:
- Charity trustee duties
- General charity law
- Companies Act 2006
- Community Benefit Society regulation
- HCA Regulatory Framework, Code of Practice and the HCA’s Regulating Standards
- Experience relevant to Peabody’s work as a social housing provider and/or the organisation (e.g. in social housing, regeneration and property development, not-for profit regulation, relevant regulatory and funding contexts).
- ACIS part qualified or ICSA certificate or relevant qualification and experience.
Closing date & time: 22nd September 2017- 5pm
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Governance Officer please click ‘Apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST