The training function plays a key role in the development of the business. They are responsible for ensuring the company’s ambitious growth plans are supported by catering learning and development initiatives to allow our sales talent to be the best.
Our Manchester sales office is a high energy, dynamic and fun sales environment, our people work hard and are rewarded extremely well. This is a high growth area of the company and as such there are opportunities to grow and develop in line with the business.
Here's what you can expect to be doing
- Designing and implementing training interventions to positively affect performance and add value to the overall sales department
- Design and deliver soft skills workshops for our team managers as they advance in their careers
- Working closely with the L&D manager, senior sale managers and director to understand the business strategy and ensure the learning and development department activity supports the strategic direction of the business
- Driving a coaching culture in the department by positively influencing the sales team Sales Team Managers to help shape the coaching culture with the department
- Ownership of management development programmes
- Providing ad hoc cover for sales inductions
- Evaluate training interventions to ensure business needs are met
- Review MI and performance date to feedback and provide trends to senior management
A few things about you
- Excellent presentation and training delivery skills
- Credible knowledge and experience in sales, coaching and training methodology
- Sound coaching skills
- Experience of designing and delivering soft skills management training
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Relationship and rapport building skills at all levels
- Desire to work at a fast pace Sales environment
A bit about us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves. But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven.
We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. It’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different.”
Great people deserve great things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
- 33 days holiday pro rata : For a well-deserved rest (Including Bank Holidays)
- Attendance bonus*
- Company Sick Pay*
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Share Save Scheme: Something for a rainy day
- Discounts on AO products
- An enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption package*
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Length of Service Holiday Bonus: More time to play*
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Death in Service
- 2 Make A Difference (MAD) Days: Give something back, do something amazing
- Gifts for New Arrivals: Something for the mini AO’ers
- Gifts for Newlyweds
- Long Service Rewards: Our commitment to you, for your commitment to us*
(*Subject to start date or length of service)
Apply for Development Trainer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly