We have an opportunity for a Laundry Assistant to join the team based at our Chichester campus on a variable hours basis. The successful candidate will receive an hourly rate of £9.55 per hour.
From 1 August 2017, Central Sussex College will change its name to Crawley College. It will also merge with Chichester College as part of a group structure.
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
About our Laundry Assistant role
You will support the various business activities of the College. Initially 10 hours will be available working on Tuesdays and Wednesdays with additional cover hours as and when required.
The role will include some lifting. Training in safe manual handling techniques will be provided.
Key Responsibilities as our Laundry Assistant
- Undertake laundry operations. This will include bedding, towels and sports kits.
- Maintain good standard of housekeeping at all times.
- Comply with all relevant Health and Safety legislation.
Skills & Experience required of Laundry Assistant:
- Ideally have some experience of operating commercial laundry equipment but training will be given
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well within a team is essential
- NVQ (or equivalent) in Laundry Operations is desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately to staff at all levels
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers’ final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman’s Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College’s Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 21 September 2017
Interview date: 5 October 2017
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Laundry Assistant then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.