Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Senior Embedded Software Engineer, Banbury, Oxfordshire
We have an opportunity looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join us on a full time, permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary of £40,000 - £55,000 per annum plus benefits including 25 Days Holiday, Private Medical Insurance and Pension. The role will be based in Banbury, with occasional travel to domestic and possibly overseas customers and Lucy Electric sites.
We have over 100 years’ industry experience and specialise in high-performance medium voltage switchgear for utility, industrial and commercial applications. We enable the safe and reliable distribution of energy to homes and businesses worldwide.
As our Senior Embedded Software Engineer your role will be to develop software in an embedded Linux environment for Lucy’s range of Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) used in Electricity Distribution Automation.
Responsibilities of a Senior Embedded Software Engineer include:
- Design, implement and test software
- Systems testing of Automation products
- Technical lead
- Strict version control
- Design reviews
- Software Documentation
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required / instructed in order to maintain and / or improve the efficiency, quality and service provided by the Automation Department.
- Health & Safety – adherence to all Company Health & Safety Policies, Procedures and Safe Working Practices.
To become our Senior Embedded Software Engineer you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Degree in a relevant subject (Electronic/Software Engineering or equivalent)
- C, C++ programming languages
- GNU gnu tool chain (gcc, gdb, cross compiler, JTAG)
- ARM architecture
- Development of Embedded real time applications
- Source code management tools such as Subversion(SVN), GIT
- Unit testing methodology
- Familiarity with bug tracking and traceability tools such as OpenProject, JIRA, Bugzilla
- UML (Unified Modelling Language)
- XML or HTML
- Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment)
- Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Hudson
- CMake (Cross platform Makefile generator)
- Design using State Machines, State Machine tools such as SMC
- Code quality analysis tools such as Klocwork, Lint, LDRA, MISRA
- PLC programming IEC 61131/61499
- Real time operating systems
- Multiprocessor software architecture
- Device drivers such as CANbus, I2C, SPI, Ethernet, Serial
- XML Schema design
- XSLT (XML Transformations)
- Unit testing frameworks such as CppUnit
- Inter-process communication using Zero MQ
- Familiarity with Design patterns such as Singleton, Publish-Subscribe
- Protocols such as IEC 104/101/103, Modbus Serial/TCP IP, DNP3 Serial/TCP IP, IEC 61850, HTTP and protocol test tools
- Databases such as SQL
- Familiar with test instrumentation such as meters, programmable PSUs, etc.
Lucy Electric is the perfect company if you would like to develop and meet your long term career goals. Why not click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join our business as a Senior Embedded Software Engineer.