Care Assistant & Home Helper
Would you like to make a difference to an older adult in your local area by becoming a Care Assistant & Home Helper? Are you interested in part time hours in the Stevenage and the surrounding areas of Hertfordshire, and are you a car driver?
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning care provider, specialising in care and support to private clients within their own homes. You will be supporting older people to help them remain independent. You will be helping them achieve this by:
- Assisting them with their morning or bedtime routines
- Prompting to take medication
- On occasion assisting with light personal care (e.g washing, moisturising, dressing)
- Taking clients out shopping or attending local groups
- Attending doctors or hospital appointments
- Preparing meals and being a friend and someone for company
Being a Care Assistant & Home Helper, isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
What are the potential hours?
Part-time hours are available, approximately 0-20 hours per week. Unfortunately, full time or school hours are not offered due to the nature of the work. If you are available some early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
What are the benefits?
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job
- Excellent hourly rate of £9.00 - £9.50 + mileage allowance
- Continuous training and support, with ongoing progression
- Being part of a team that has been rated as delivering ‘outstanding’ care by the CQC
What skills do you need to be a Care Assistant & Home Helper?
Firstly, you will want to make a difference to someone’s life and have a big heart!
You can be any age group and from any background, there is no upper limit
You will be able to strike a relationship and rapport with the client you are matched with
You will also be happy to provide personal care if required, which could be helping someone brush their teeth, assisting with washing, dressing, moisturising or brushing your client’s hair.
You will also have a UK driving license and have access to your own vehicle.
You probably have lots of questions, that is fine once you apply we will give you a call and answer any questions you may have and tell you a lot more.
Apply for Care Assistant & Home Helper
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly