Maintenance Operative - Joinery & Plumbing
Job Title: Maintenance Operative
Location: Bathgate (however field based role, travel over Scotland required).
Salary: Circa £12.80 per hour
Our Client is Scotland's largest independent energy services Company employing over 320 people and working in partnership with 21 councils and 40 housing associations. The majority of their projects are designed to benefit the most vulnerable in society, giving them access to more affordable warmth - lifting them out of fuel poverty. Offering insulation solutions - external, internal and cavity - for all build types, they also provide a range of other measures including heating systems; solar PV, thermal and heat pumps; and kitchen, bathroom, window and door replacements. To date, over 140,000 Scottish households have benefited from their work.
To carry out repair works in homes around Scotland. The type of work will vary depending on the remedial specifications, the successful candidate must be willing to travel throughout Scotland.
General Duties/Key Responsibilities:
- Install vertical flues (TETRA training will be provided to the successful candidate)
- Basic joinery skills (e.g. boxing in pipework, lifting and relaying floors).
- Basic plumbing skills (non0gas related works)
- Mastic work
- General building work
- General repairs
- General maintenance in homes
- Liaise with office staff to arrange jobs
- Be available for call out/emergency works
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Confident working at height.
- Health and Safety conscious.
- Ability to remain productive under varying weather conditions.
- Compliance with relevant health and safety legislation.
- Full UK driving licence
- Joinery Qualification (desirable not essential)
- Roofing Qualification (desirable not essential)
- Be willing to undertake further training to develop skills
What We Offer
- Company vehicle (van at discretion of Company)
- Opportunity to work for a large plc company
- Use of employee benefits such as Bike to Work scheme and childcare vouchers.
Please click the APPLY now button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Maintenance Operative, Joiner, Plumber, Facilities Assistant, Maintenance Assistant, Property Maintenance, Handyman, Handywoman, Electrical Services, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Repairs, Electrical, Installation, Carpenter, Plumber, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Building Maintenance, Building Repairs may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Maintenance Operative - Joinery & Plumbing
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly