Test Analyst / Quality Assurance
This is an exciting time for HM Land Registry as we aim to become the world’s leading land registry for speed, simplicity and an open approach to data. We are recruiting now to a number of roles to ensure HM Land Registry’s (HMLR) Digital, Data and Technology teams contain the right blend of skills to take our major transformation programme forward. We are at the heart of the move to more agile delivery of cutting edge digital services while maintaining our excellent system availability for our customers.
HM Land Registry (HMLR) is a government department created in 1862 to register the ownership of land and property in England and Wales. Our mission is: “Your land and property rights: guaranteed and protected”. We safeguard land and property ownership worth more than £4 trillion, including more than £1 trillion of mortgages. The Land Register contains more than 24 million titles, which show evidence of ownership, covering more than 84% of the land mass.
The Digital, Data and Technology Directorate is the in-house IT division for HMLR. Our teams are at the heart of HMLR’s move to more agile delivery of cutting-edge digital services while maintaining our excellent system availability to our customers.
We are looking to fill the roles of:
- Senior Tester/Test Analyst
About Tester Role
In order to be successful in this role you will ideally have some quality assurance or testing experience or be working towards a relevant IT Qualification. You will have some coding skills for creation of automated tests (e.g. Ruby / Cucumber) and experience in testing throughout the complete development lifecycle. Ideally you will have the ISTQB Foundation in software testing but if not we will support you financially and with study time to enable you to gain this qualification.
In order to meet the requirements for this role you will meet the requirements of the Tester role above but in addition you will have the following:
- Experience of working in an agile environment and in automated testing tools and techniques and ability to be able to assess risk to quality
- Experience of the use of code repositories (e.g. Github)
- Experience of setting up automated test configurations.
- Ability to problem solve system errors and collaborate to get resolutions
- Experience in all testing levels (from Unit to OAT)
- Experience of continuous integration practices
- The ability to negotiate to reach an agreement along with good presentation skills and the ability to engage, influence and persuade others
- The BCS Agile foundation Certificate would be ideal but if you don’t hold it then we would support you to obtain this qualification.
- Childcare vouchers towards the cost of childcare on contracted days of employment;
- An employee recognition scheme;
- Long-service awards;
- Paid time off for public service duties, for example if you are an armed forces reservist; and
- Paid volunteering leave.
- Plus potential IT Allowance of £4563 plus benefits
- Opportunities to network and work across government;
- Career progression, training and development opportunities; and
- Access to training opportunities including Civil Service Learning, which offers more than 70 classroom-based courses and online packages.
To continue your application and receive further information please click ‘Apply’ now to be redirected to our careers page…