Technical Sales Support / Estimator
TECHNICAL SALES SUPPORT / ESTIMATOR
At Adsyst Automation Ltd we understand that our continued success is down to our dedicated team, therefore we invest time and effort in each individual; training and assisting with their personal and professional development, helping them build on their weaknesses and encouraging their strengths.
Adsyst Automation Ltd has been providing complex Control Systems for Process Control, Automation and Telemetry to customers worldwide for more than 28 years.
We approach each project with a fresh outlook and use our knowledge and partnerships to stay a step ahead of the competition, offering the most advanced and cost effective solutions.
With our core skills lying in LV Assemblies, Electrical installation, PLC, SCADA, HMI, MIS, MES, RTU, control system software engineering, data acquisition and bespoke software, our expertise in panel building and electrical installation allow us to offer a partial or more complete package when required.
Due to our continued success and growth the opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Sales Support / Estimator or an enthusiastic ‘Trainee Estimator’ to join our business development team.
A key member of the Sales and Marketing team responsible for assisting with the day-to-day production of quotations, tender information and other related aspects of the sales process.
Responsible for incoming enquiries and will be expected to register the enquiry, create the estimate, with help from other team members and issue the proposal to the customer in a professional manner providing excellent customer service throughout.
The Technical Sales Support / Estimator will be:
• Expected to attend site visits to better understand project requirements and also attend sales events to develop commercial awareness / network with potential customers
• Expected to be involved with an element of initial design for various projects, therefore there is a requirement to understand the technical aspects of the solution put forward to the customer
• Keen and willing to gain exceptional understanding of the project life cycle and industry standard technologies / equipment in order to be confident in producing quotations with minimal input from the engineering team
• Assisting with other general office tasks in the sales and marketing team where necessary
Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge required
• Must have either a technical background working within a similar engineering environment OR relevant qualification to minimum ONC/OND/HNC/HND standard (Degree level preferred)
• Excellent knowledge and competency with Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel is essential.
• Familiarity with MS Project and/or Visio would be extremely advantageous
• Good understanding of pricing, margins and percentage mark-ups combined with the ability to format bids into a detailed technical word format will be required.
• The successful individual will be able to adapt quickly, be motivated to develop and manage their own portfolio of work and be confident in communicating at all levels
• Above all candidates must be enthusiastic and willing to learn about the process automation industry and technologies
• Although Adsyst operate a relaxed dress code in the office, this role is customer facing and requires candidates to be smart and presentable
• Competitive salary
• Auto enrolment pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (Rises to 30 after 5 years’ service)
• Company bonus scheme (after 1 year service)
• Private Health Scheme (after 1 year service)
• Childcare vouchers
• Access to Perkbox
• Quarterly social events and team building days
• Free onsite parking
• Excellent training/ mentoring and routes for progression available
Full time position
Hours: 08:30 – 17:15 Monday to Friday and 8:30 – 16:00pm on Fridays
Apply for Technical Sales Support / Estimator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly