Claims Validator - Nottingham
Reports to: Operations Manager / Takes Direction from: Operations Manager
Salary: £24k / Working Hours: 9:00 to 6:00 (Monday to Friday) (40 Hour Working Week)
Based at: Annesley, Nottinghamshire (NG15 0DT)
The primary role of the claims validator is to assess claims, making liability decisions on behalf of the insurer, and making sure that the work schedule which is approved contains only work that the insurer is liable for, under the terms of the policy. There is an element of case ownership to the role and any queries with the schedule or amendments to it will be processed by the initial validator where possible. The validators are expected to provide technical support to the claims handlers as and when required, in order to assist them in their duties.
Working in a fast paced environment where keeping your focus under pressure is an essential requirement, the validator will assess, validate & prepare reports within the client & company SLA's. They will liaise with our sub contracted repair partners and agree the most cost effective repair method for the job in question and anticipate any potential issues in order that these are highlighted at the outset, keeping the Policyholder's informed as to the insurer's stance and helping to manage their expectations.
Occasional site visits will be required, to complex claims or complaints, although the role is primarily office based. At times, the validator will be expected to carry out and/or assist the company in other duties that the company believe fall within their capability.
The successful applicant will have a good eye for detail, be able to work methodically but swiftly and have a strong work ethic. The job involves working in a fast paced, demanding, high pressure business where you are expected to be able to provide work of a consistently high quality. The successful applicant will be intelligent, dedicated, disciplined, and committed with a vibrant, upbeat, positive personality who can work well alone or as part of a team. They must be able to constantly exercise good judgement in all areas of the role and be a confident communicator, whether this be with our clients, customers or repair partners. It is essential the correct applicant has excellent spoken and written English and an excellent phone manner. It is essential to be able to demonstrate patience and show empathy, especially when communicating with Policyholders.
The ideal applicant will have a background in the buildings insurance industry, specifically the contractor management & building repair network side of the process. Broad knowledge of domestic buildings insurance policies is essential, as is a good technical knowledge of building & reinstatement practices, costing & scheduling procedures. The ideal applicant will have some site experience whether it be from a surveying or loss adjusting background.
Main Job Responsibilities / Functions
- Evaluate information received from repair partners. Discuss details with surveyor and assess potential liability decision based on circumstances and policy cover.
- Speak to Policyholder for additional information if required.
- Make liability decision using all available information.
- If claim is to be declined, inform Policyholder verbally and in writing, prepare report and submit to insurer. Create purchase order for contractor.
- If claim is to be approved, agree repair schedule with repair partner, in line with policy cover.
- Identify any potential issues and highlight for Policyholder and repair contractors benefit.
- Prepare report and submit to insurer. Advise Policyholder of decision and any relevant information.
- Appoint specialist contractors (asbestos sample, drying etc.) and provide detailed instructions in order that they attend site informed with our findings, requirements & relevant validation notes.
- Handle any amendments to the original schedule if required, validating in line with policy cover and explaining increase in costs to Insurer.
- Assist other members of the validation team if necessary, and provide technical support to the claims handlers.
- During busy periods, answer phones and undertake other tasks as requested by company management.
- You may occasionally be asked to work additional hours during busy and surge periods.
Apply for Claims Validator - Nottingham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly