CAD Designer/CAD Technician/Design Engineer - Renewable Energy
Job Title: CAD Designer
Location: Shepton Mallet
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Our Client is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Founded in 2010 they have grown into one of the largest integrated developers in the UK with over 530 MW of ground-mounted solar PV parks successfully installed to date and a similar quantum of operational assets under their management. Their portfolio includes the four largest sites in the UK.
They are now looking to recruit for a CAD Designer to be based at their office In Shepton Mallet, Somerset.
PLEASE NOTE: Our client will only accept applications from candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Role Summary:
- Liaises closely with departments to produce designs and drawings including: civil, mechanical and electrical systems schematics, solar PV plant and energy storage system layouts and associated reports or data throughout project lifecycles;
- Issues planning layouts in cooperation with internal and external planning professionals to achieve designs that will satisfy local authorities whilst considering commercial requirements;
- Works with Project Managers to produce detailed design packs for Technical Due Diligence that meet the requirements of technical advisors and investors;
- Provides construction teams and contractors with construction, structural and civil drawings, as well as setting out information and briefs setting-out engineers and site teams during build phase;
- Continually reviews processes and procedures to ensure designs and the design process are efficient and effective.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Production of Solar PV and Energy Storage project design drawings including layouts, plans, schematics, signage and foundation designs;
- Production of as-built drawings in conjunction with relevant parties within the company and/or external agencies;
- Organisation and maintenance of CAD files within BSR's filing systems, ensuring drawings are superseded where necessary;
- Site visits as required and integration of feedback and construction reviews into subsequent design revisions and issues;
- Providing feedback into project value and wider design engineering efforts;
- Continual process and procedure review and improvement within the design department.
- Strong Computer Aided Design background, ideally combined with Solar PV / Renewable energy experience;
- Demonstrable track record of producing construction drawings, schematics and/or architectural designs;
- Experience of structural and mechanical calculations would be viewed favourably;
- Experienced in the coordination of projects, will demonstrate good organisation, efficiency and thoroughness, as well as being versatile;
- Attention to detail and a structured approach to document management, record keeping and communications is essential.
- Undergraduate degree preferably STEM subject
- Engineering / CAD qualifications (or equivalent experience)
- Maths & English GCSEs
Must be eligible to work in the UK. No applications for Visa support will be considered
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; CAD Designer, CAD Technician, CAD, CAD Estimator, CAD, Computer Aided Design, CAD Operator, CAD Designer, Engineering Designer, Design Engineer, Solar PV CAD Designer, Energy CAD Designer, Renewable Energy CAD Designer, Structural Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering may also be considered for this role.
Apply for CAD Designer/CAD Technician/Design Engineer - Renewable Energy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly