We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At Plumpton College we are currently looking for a Lecturer in Dog Grooming to come and support our team based in Plumpton. The successful candidate will join on a part time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £22,451 - £29,320 per annum (pro rata).
With over 3,000 students, excellent resources and a drive for continuous quality improvement, Plumpton College is actively seeking staff with the right values and attributes who want to make a difference and be part of this exciting phase of our development. We are looking to recruit professional and ambitious individuals to form an integral part of our growing Veterinary Nursing and Dog Grooming.
More about the Lecturer role
As a lecturer you will teach our part-time dog grooming courses at level 1, 2 and 3 and support the daily operation of our well-equipped commercial dog grooming parlour. This part-time role offers flexible hours during the college day, evenings, and/or weekends.
Key responsibilities of our Lecturer
-As directed by Programme Manager and Curriculum Manager, plan, prepare, teach, assess, report and monitor to ensure each highly effective lessons to a consistently good or outstanding standard. Share teaching, learning and assessment (TLA) good practice and celebrate students’ and others’ successes.
- Conduct initial assessments and record within the Student Individual Learning Plan, adapt teaching delivery to meet the requirements of the plan and monitor student progress frequently and report to programme Manager.
- Ensure opportunities are created and realised for students to be able to continuously develop their English and maths skills.
- Work to ensure high levels of student attendance in all sessions and prompt completion of registers.
- Prepare and effectively use schemes of work and lesson plans in line with college processes.
- Set exams, homework and extension activities for individual students and provide timely, and constructive feedback to students to support progress.
- Mark and assess course work and provide effective verbal and/or written feedback to support progression in line with awarding organisation requirements and college processes.
- Using initial assessment and other information to write and distribute student profiles for all tutees.
- Work as a personal tutor, co-ordinated by Programme Manager and Curriculum Manager, and engage with student services as required.
What we’re looking for in our Lecturer
The successful candidate will be dedicated, creative, organised and hold a Level 3 City and Guilds diploma in Dog Grooming. Experience in dog grooming parlour administration and operations would be advantageous. The role requires someone who is a good communicator across a broad age range, flexible in their approach and competent with IT.
In return as our Lecturer, we can offer you…
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including an opportunity to complete the City & Guilds Education and Training (level 3), 26 days holiday plus bank holiday (pro rata), membership of the Teachers’ pension scheme / Local Government Pension Scheme, child care voucher scheme and free on-site parking.
If you believe you have the right skills and are looking for your next career opportunity as the new Lecturer in Dog Grooming then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications: Friday 29th September 2017
Interviews will be held: w/c 2nd October