Sales Development Executive
Sales Development Executive - Newcastle
Salary £Competitive + Bonus
At Communicator, we work with a range of high profile brands such as Adidas, Co-operative Group, Domino's, Matalan and Scottish and Southern Energy, as well as smaller growing companies. To support our next stage of growth we are looking to appoint a number of Sales Development Executives (SDEs) to join our New Business team.
This is a unique opportunity to experience a start-up culture within an established business, in a growing sector, where you will play a critical role in driving new business sales, as part of our growing team, working closely with Sales Management to enhance our business model and drive rapid growth. You will be responsible for generating opportunities for the field based team, creating and closing a new business pipeline, of SME type businesses, over the telephone. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, ambitious, collaborative and committed to becoming an expert on Communicator's software with a proven record of meeting, and exceeding monthly and quarterly sales targets.
Communicator is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) strategic email service partner focused on helping ambitious brands optimise their performance across multiple channels. Our expertise, industry-leading guidance and first class customer experience provide unrivalled engagement and ROI. We are more than software and automation technology - Communicator stands out because of our people, our high quality counsel and our consistent delivery of truly impactful results. We pride ourselves on enabling our customers to out-perform and stay one step ahead of their competition.
Communicator is part of the Trinity Mirror plc. With an award winning paper, websites and digital products, you will be working for one of the UK's largest multimedia companies. Trinity Mirror employs more than six thousand people across sixty-plus locations around the country.
This is a great opportunity for disciplined hunters to take the first steps of a career with a fast growing dynamic sales team. The ideal candidate for this position will have sound business acumen, be highly driven to succeed, possess high energy levels and natural sales instincts. You'll already be a top performer and be keen to
progress through a clearly defined learning and career path. You will have impressed colleagues with your ideas and attitude and you'll understand what has made you successful. Your attributes and track record will also include:-
- Experience of using a consultative, solution based sales methodology.
- A track record of constant improvement.
- Ability to develop trust and relationships with prospects, customers and colleagues.
- Excellent telephone and online presentation skills.
- A strong interest in technology and the ability to talk confidently about the Communicator platform and its capabilities and benefit proposition to prospective customers.
- A strong desire to become a sales professional and be part of a team that delivers our customers breakthrough results for their email marketing.
- 1 year of sales experience in technology or marketing
- Knowledge of MS Office, Salesforce.com and WebEx
- Collaborate with Business Development Managers (BDMs) and Sales Management to identify target accounts for prospecting into.
- Cold calling, relationship building, follow up through emails, qualification of potential opportunities and nurturing long term opportunities.
- Consultatively build relationships with prospects, focusing on their email marketing needs and pains using the Communicator Email Sophistication Scale.
- Identify relevant new business opportunities.
- Efficiently and effectively process assigned opportunities into new business sales.
- Manage your own pipeline and work activities through Salesforce.com, maintaining accurate information and up to date forecasts on all prospects.
- Research and build new and existing prospect accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending regular emails, appointment setting).
- Consistently meet or exceed monthly and quarterly sales targets to secure new business.
Our Values & Behaviours
- We will always act with integrity
- We are not afraid to try new things and innovate
- We deliver with pride
- We are accountable, we take our role & responsibilities seriously
- We are a team, collaboration is key to our success
- We are customer centric, we think customer first
What we offer
To attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. You can look forward to a competitive salary, uncapped bonus structure, contributory pension scheme, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), plus lots of other benefits available to you as a Communicator employee.