Payroll / Accounts Assistant
Payroll / Accounts Assistant role based in Farnham working for TeamSport a busy and fast growing leisure company which has over 20 sites across the UK. This role will be a 50/50 split between payroll and accounts and will be payrolling over 700 staff on 2 monthly payrolls. This is initially a 12 month contract, which may become a permanent position.
Working in a finance team of 7 this role requires someone who is used to working in a multi- site or multi business unit organisation. You must be happy to deal with a hands on, busy and varied role which will include payroll, purchase ledger, bank reconciliations and general accounting matters. You will need to be organised, always thinking about the detail and able to communicate effectively at all levels across the business. This role requires someone to have daily interaction with our 23 General Managers as well as Head Office Department Heads.
The role will include: managing 2 payrolls a month (700+ staff), reconciliation of utility & other invoices, coding and inputting of credit cards, fuel card and expenses, posting and reconciliation of the bank account and other ad hoc tasks.
- Experience of managing a payroll system, we use CoreHR. Running and administering the whole of the payroll, including SMP, SSP, SPP, Childcare Vouchers, Pensions and any other additional information. Dealing with employee queries.
- Purchase ledger processing, including invoices and payments
- Posting, bank entries & reconciliations in Sage 50.
- Credit card, fuel card & general expenses – reconciling, coding and posting to Sage 50.
- A good working knowledge of Excel
- Experience in Payroll processing, RTI & Pensions is essential
- Experience of Sage Line 50 – preferred by not essential
- Experience in a multi-site or multi business unit environment
- Excel skills
- Organised & efficient
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Commercially aware
- An ability to develop and grow with the business
- Teamworking skills essential
Apply for Payroll / Accounts Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly