Process Engineer Chemist
The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer Chemist to join their team based in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. You will be on a full time fixed term basis covering a period of Maternity leave with a highly competitive salary of £30,283 - £42,160 per annum.
We are based in Nottinghamshire, England. We provide expert advice and creative solutions to manage the public safety and environmental issues from coal and metal mining. We have an ambitious 5 year plan to expand our services, providing advice and services to governments and public bodies in the UK and overseas.
As our Process Engineer Chemist you’ll be improving our water assets, identifying efficiencies, developing innovations and delivering improvements in partnership with public bodies, private organisations and world-renowned academic institutions.
In doing so, you’ll help us to address the issues of water pollution from abandoned coal and metal mines across Britain by developing new schemes and supporting the operation of over 70 existing mine water treatment schemes.
Responsibilities of our Process Engineer Chemist:
- Providing expert advice on process engineering and process chemistry to deliver significant improvements and efficiencies in the operation of our schemes
- Designing new active and passive mine water treatment schemes - developing innovative solutions and world-leading technologies in a range of chemistry and process engineering solutions for mine water management
- Representing us at a national and international level, supporting our ambition to be a world leader in mine water treatment
- Identifying and delivering external opportunities, including developing tenders for new business opportunities
- Providing business-orientated skills for initiatives in your area of expertise
Qualifications and skills required to become our Process Engineer Chemist:
- Experience in the design and operation of water treatment plants through biological, chemical or process engineering
- A relevant qualification your area of expertise
- Experience in developing or managing projects to remove metals from water
- A track record of innovation and continuous improvement
- Self-motivation, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to manage and prioritise a high-volume workload
Why join us?
When it comes to finding and keeping the best people, we make sure we’ve got plenty to offer you in return. We want our people to feel great about coming to work and we hope we give them every reason to go the extra mile. That’s why along with the scope to develop new skills and have an exciting and satisfying career, we also offer –
- Civil Service Pension Scheme – a new employee earning between £22,501- £45,000 will pay 5.45% of their Monthly Gross Basic Salary into their pension and we will pay 20.9% plus any contributions from the HMRC
- Generous holiday allowance of 27.5 days per year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexi-time – our core hours are 10.00am-12.00pm and 2.00pm-4.00pm but the hours either side can be worked flexibly. You can also earn an extra 6 days holiday a year through our flexi system
- Flexibility to work from home
- Family friendly initiatives, including a childcare voucher scheme
- Health friendly initiatives, including ‘Cycle to work’ scheme and an annual ‘MOT’ medical
- Free parking on site
- Free 24-hour counselling and information service for you and your family
As well as the great benefits and incentives, once you start, you’ll get an induction into the business and time to spend with our teams to find out everything you need to know about our journey so far.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Process Engineer Chemist then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!