Production Operative / Manufacturing Assistant - Night Shift
Job Title: Food Production Operative - Night Shift
Salary: £10.50 per hour
Position: Full Time, Permanent
Shift Rotation: 4 on 4 off - 7pm until 7am (including weekends on rotation) 48 hours per week
This is an exciting and new opportunity to join an award winning family run dairy based in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire. The dairy currently manufactures branded chilled products for retail, wholesale and food-service customers both in the UK and overseas.
The dairy is now looking to introduce a night shift to its manufacturing operation for the first time.
The dairy has a robust training scheme in place to ensure that team members are able to develop their skills and advance their career opportunities. The successful candidates will be required to join the team initially on days until their induction training has been completed.
Successful candidates will be required to demonstrate that they are conscientious and self-motivated with a strong work ethic. In return for the opportunities and benefits the dairy offers, it expects the highest standards of commitment and professionalism from all its team members.
All candidates must possess excellent interpersonal skills and must be currently eligible to both live and work in the United Kingdom.
- Learning and maintaining a good knowledge of products and processes involved in food manufacturing.
- Routine tasks involved in maintaining and cleaning food manufacturing equipment in readiness for the day shift to start.
- Recording accurate figures and data, checking fridge, vehicle and storage temperatures
- Monitoring a range of equipment to ensure that it is running smoothly
- Monitoring security around the site and reporting any unusual or suspicious activity
- Excellent attention to detail and taking care and pride in the quality of your work through food hygiene and health and safety practices
- This is a new role and as such the role and responsibilities may change and evolve over time. Candidates will be required to be flexible and willing to undertake training in order to develop new skills and undertake new tasks dependent on the needs of the dairy.
- Conscientious, positive thinking.
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Effective and collaborative communication skills.
- An understanding of, and an excellent attitude towards the fundamentals of hygiene and food safety.
- A desire to ensure that individuals as well as departmental objectives are achieved, ideally exceeded.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment.
- Pride in themselves, their work and our products.
- Competitive rates of pay, including some paid breaks.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- 33 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays.
Please be aware that to be considered for this role; candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Manufacturing Operator, Process Operative, Processing Assistant, Processing Coordinator, Line Operative, Manufacturing Process Operative, Production Operative may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Production Operative / Manufacturing Assistant - Night Shift
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly