Our client serves customers in the UK and Ireland as part of the direct marketing division is looking to recruit an Accounts Administrator.
The position will be full time, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week between 9am – 5.30pm.
Pro-rated salary of £ 18,000 p.a. plus quarterly “gain share” (profit share scheme)
The Ideal role for someone who has relatively limited finance/ accounts experience but aspires to gain exposure into many different areas of finance while potentially pursuing an accountancy qualification such as the AAT. The role is within a small finance team within a growing part of a FTSE listed Plc.
The main focus of the role will be an Accounts Payable remit - processing purchase invoices, completing supplier statement reconciliations, resolving disputed invoices with suppliers and raising BACS payments. There will also be an element of Accounts Receivable work – credit checking customers and - as part of a small team - providing cover for other team members responsible for credit card collections, cash allocation, etc.
Key Accountabilities include:
• Download the bank statement and update the cash book on a daily basis and allocate cash against outstanding invoices.
• Match purchase invoices against PO’s and accurately post them onto the ledger.
• Carry out regular supplier statement reconciliations and identify and obtain missing invoices to clear order book
• Assist in resolving supplier invoice and statement queries
• General office administration e.g. opening post, filing, etc.
• Ad-hoc responsibilities when required, including cover for other team members in their absence.
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter for this Accounts Administrator role.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.