Vacancy Reference: GRP-BSE-SW-1008
Job Title: Billing Assistant
Job Type: Full-time; Permanent
Location: Bury St Edmunds?
Salary: £17,000 - £18,000 per Annum
Benefits: 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays; AE pension; On-site parking
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, energetic environment? Do you have exceptional attention to detail?
Are your relationship building skills second-to-none? Looking to start a career, not just for a new job?
If you're keen to embark on a career within an organisation whose vision and ambition can match yours, we believe that this role could challenge and satisfy your desire to succeed. Our diverse, energetic Finance Team are recruiting for an enthusiastic and dynamic Billing Assistant and we are keen to hear from productive candidates.
Servest Group is an expert in facilities management, creating environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations to be more efficient, effective and sustainable.
Based at Vicon House in Bury St Edmunds and reporting in to the Credit Control and Billings Supervisor, you will have full responsibility for administering and processing all sales ledger invoices including liaising with customers to resolve queries. This is hands-on role, which will require candidates to have the ability to work to strict deadlines.
This role is ideal for someone with previous experience in a financial environment, strong excel skills with previous billing exposure an advantage. Exceptional attention to detail, strong customer focus and a positive attitude are essential to making this role a success.
- Raising sales invoices, ensuring all sales invoices are created accurately
- Creating and logging new contracts
- Raising applications for payments in accordance with client terms and processes
- Ensuring all customer invoices are submitted to the correct postal and email address
- Responsibility for dealing with all queries raised promptly and professionally
- Matching sales invoices to customer purchase orders
- Working with profit protection to ensure all hours worked are invoiced
- Liaising with Credit Control and account managers to resolve queries
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience within an Accounts Receivable, or comparable level accounting role
- 1-2 years of working within a finance department is highly desirable
- Exceptional organisation and prioritisation skills with a high attention to detail and excellent accuracy
- A confident communicator, with the ability to articulate a high level of oral and written English to both customers and senior management – Our preference is for GCSE English and Mathematics at Grades C and above, or equivalent
- Good IT skills to include MS Office with Intermediate Excel capabilities
- An independent thinker; a keen problem solver; a positive outlook with a “can do” attitude
- Good levels of literacy & numeracy
The Finance team deliver outstanding support to our business and customers throughout the week, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 09:00-17:30 however, flexibility to meet the needs of our business is vital.
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its' great people - We believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please email your CV to email@example.com
To find out more please visit us on www.servest.co.uk
Servest is an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, nationality.
Apply for Billing Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly