IT Helpdesk Support Analyst BLUI54007
Our client has been designing and producing quality made-to-measure furniture covers and curtains for over half a century and with the continued development of their furniture re-upholstery service, they are now firmly established as the UK’s leading re-upholsterer. They are a successful, British, family run company employing approximately 300 people at their Head Office in Preston.
As a Helpdesk Support Analyst, you must be capable of providing first class desktop and network support to internal customers at 1st and 2nd line level. Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager, you will be primarily responsible for:
- Ensuring all support requests are logged and updated in the Helpdesk system.
- Investigating and resolving technical support requests / issues quickly and efficiently.
- Escalating calls to internal or external teams where appropriate, and managing through to completion.
- Creating and maintaining end-user domain, email and system accounts.
- Completing recurring maintenance and administrative tasks.
- Assisting in Infrastructure upgrade projects.
- Creating and updating any role-related documentation.
The Helpdesk operates between 7:30am & 6pm Monday to Thursday, and 7:30am & 2pm on Friday, and is covered on a 2-shift basis.
To be considered for this role, you must have knowledge & experience of the following:
- Previous experience of working in an IT Support role.
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems (7 / 10).
- Windows Server Operating Systems (2008 / 2012).
- Windows Desktop Applications inc. Microsoft Office (2010 / 2013).
- Active Directory & Group Policy.
- General networking support (LAN & Wi-Fi).
Knowledge or experience of some or all of the following would be beneficial:
- Desktop build & imaging.
- Backup software (Backup Exec / Veeam).
- Mobile device support (Apple / Android).
- VOIP & Telephony.
- Virtualisation (VMware).
- Network cabling installation.
- Microsoft or other IT Certification.
Key personal attributes:
- A logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Good customer facing skills and able to communicate well with staff at all levels.
- Ability to take ownership of the work assigned and deliver results timely, reliably and correctly.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- High attention to detail.
What they offer:
- 24 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays)
- Contributory pension
- Early finish on Fridays
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for IT Helpdesk Support Analyst BLUI54007
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly