Exciting opportunity not to be missed! Beacon has an opportunity available for a Buyer to join our purchasing team in York. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
About the Company
Interchange & Consort Hotels incorporates two high profile organisations:
- Beacon - a specialist provider of purchasing, consultancy and advisory services to over 2,000 customers in the hospitality, leisure and healthcare industries
- Best Western Hotels GB “Hotels with Personality” - the largest group of independently owned and managed hotels in the World
What are the responsibilities of the Buyer?
The position would suit an ambitious, results focused individual who wishes to expand their experience and advance their career by joining a highly professional goal orientated company.
It is the responsibility of the Buyer to achieve ‘best in market’ commercial deals with key supply partners, offering competitive terms across the full spectrum of supply chain and service entities. There is an expectation to improve deal penetration and maximise differentiation from competitor buying groups through the sourcing, development and promotion of relevant and appropriate supply solutions to increase share of category mix.
What do we look for in a Buyer?
- Supplier and category management experience
- Experience in negotiation and contract management
- Proven track record in purchasing or similar professional disciplines
- Effective management of strategic suppliers
- Experience of E-Procurement systems
- Experience of working in the hospitality, leisure, healthcare and/or education sectors
- Understanding of operational management within industry sector/s
We offer our Buyer a fantastic benefits package!
- Benefits including 26 days holiday (increasing to 31 with service), company bonus, pension, life assurance, income protection, employee discounts
- Career and learning opportunities
- A working environment where you won’t be just a cog in the machine
If you wish to join our exceptionally talented staff community and take the next step to advance your future career by joining our Purchasing Team as a Buyer- Why not click apply today and attached your cv with a covering letter?
Apply for Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly