Brake Press Setter / Operator - Night Shift
Due to a sustained customer growth, we require trained and experienced Press Brake Setter/ Operator to work within a busy team environment at Milton Keynes Pressings. The successful applicants will ideally be conversant with all aspects of Press Brake Setting and Operating, performing to the very highest quality standards.
This is an excellent opportunity for self-motivated, committed and enthusiastic team-workers to develop within this well established successful and expanding company, working to TS16949 and ISO9001 quality standards, ISO14001 Environmental, and OHSAS18001 Safety and Health standards.
Milton Keynes Pressings is part of the Milton Keynes Pressings group of companies. We are a first-tier supplier of components to the manufacturing industry worldwide, and we are based in Bletchley in Milton Keynes, employing over 200 people.
The successful Press Brake Setter/Operator will ideally have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of operating and setting multi axle press brake machines. They will work as part of a team on our busy production lines. This role requires high levels of concentration and attention to detail, in order to get it right first time.
• Operating Amada press brake machines, ensuring it runs continuously to ensure maximum productivity.
• Producing orders on time and to the correct quality standard
• Setting up the machine by reading engineering drawings, programming, tooling changes
• Must have previous experience operating a press brake machine
• Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings
• Knowledge of different materials an advantage.
• Must be competent in the use of all forms of measuring equipment including Vernier’s, Rulers, Angle measuring devices.
• Able to work pro-actively and as part of a team to improve productivity and efficiency.
• Working day shifts 07:30 to 16:30 Monday to Thursday and 07:30 to 12:30pm Friday.
• Applications must include salary expectations to be considered.
• The position is full time and immediate start is available.
• A minimum of one year: 2 year
• Ability to read drawings
• Experience on Multi Axle presses.
• Automotive or Aircraft fine limit sheet metal experience
• Prototype and part development experience
• Set and use conventional sheet metal machinery
There may be opportunities to progress further within the Company as we believe in internal advancement.
All safety equipment / PPE including antistatic footwear and overalls, air-fed masks/hoods are provided and well maintained.
The right candidate will be a good timekeeper, hard-working and dependable. Concentration and attention to detail is essential.
Salary: Highly Competitive + Night Shift rates of pay, OT and Pension
This is a permanent, full-time position with an attractive salary relative to experience, and with opportunities to advance within the group of companies.
Working Hours: Dayshift, Mon - Thurs 20:30 - 06:45. Plus overtime as available.
Please apply online for this Brake Press Setter/Operator - Night Shift. role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.