Systems Administrator - Gain DevOps
Systems Administration, Linux Systems Administrator, DevOps, Apache, Bash, PHP, Agile
Systems Administrator with 2 yrs + experience who is interested in moving into DevOps is needed by our client, a leading digital publisher to be based in their Maidenhead offices.
In the role you will be working in the DevOps team with some highly skilled DevOps engineers being responsible for the auto deployment of applications and project infrastructure helping provide a bridge between development and operations in an agile environment.
- 2 yrs + exp as a Systems Administrator / IT support type role or some relevant experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Familiarity with working with UNIX/Linux and Apache.
- Familiarity with writing scripts using Bash. PHP or Groovy would be nice to have.
- ITIL qualification or familiarity would be beneficial but not mandatory.
- Familiarity of Agile and Scrum is desirable.
- Familiarity with any of the following technologies; containers, virtualisation and cloud services such as AWS.
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn and up for a challenge.
- Flexible. Driven self-starter. Ability to work well under pressure.
- Open to working closely with developers preferably within an Agile environment.
- Open to engaging with third parties or teams under separate / dotted line management.
- Documentation skills (write and add guides to our knowledgebase).
- Eye for detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Excellent ability to work with personnel of all levels.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment, where the technology is constantly changing.
This is a great opportunity to join a top class DevOps team where you will get the opportunity to develop your skills into becoming a fantastic DevOps engineer. Other great benefits include onsite gym, company pension, private healthcare, life assurance and company bonus.
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Apply for Systems Administrator - Gain DevOps
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly