We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers are now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
The Transport Administrator role
You will work closely very with our Outbase Manager and operational staff on a daily basis to make sure that the Outbase runs smoothly and that each and every one of our customers receives their appliance on time, every time. As our Transport Administrator you will work very closely with the routing team at our Head Office and provide continual support to the Self Employed Drivers throughout their day, dealing with any issues that might arise.
Here's what you can expect to be doing as our Transport Administrator
Our Transport Administrator will ensure that the daily Outbase operation runs effectively at all times. You will provide on-going support to our Drivers in making sure that deliveries throughout their day are efficiently completed, on time, every time whilst remaining legally compliant with Transport legislation and working time directives. Our customer is at the heart of everything we do and through your support to our Outbase Manager, your colleagues and the Self Employed Drivers you will be a part in making that happen.
- Record any vehicle defects and communicate this to the Outbase Manager/De-Briefers and Nightshift Supervisors to ensure that no vehicles classed as off the road are used.
- Allocate routes to our Self Employed driver’s for the following day, managing their expectations; fairly and consistently.
- Update daily reports for the Outbase and log any issues.
- Communicate with the Driver’s ensuring that any statements and paperwork is completed at the earliest opportunity
- Ensure that all licence checks are completed for new Self-employed drivers and remain in line with regulatory bodies through DVLA
- Controlling the fuel card’s – issuing and reporting any lost or stolen to ensure that replacements can be issued
- Recording of additional payments once authorised by the Outbase Manager
- Completing daily checks; fire log, site check
Key Skills and Experience needed to become our Transport Administrator
- Able to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you even under pressure and in difficult situations.
- Smart enough to think on your feet and have a passion to drive our performance.
- Enthusiastic and driven towards achieving high standards of quality
- Bold enough to make key decisions quickly and trust your own judgement in the absence of the Outbase Manager.
- An in-depth understanding of transport legislation and logistics operations
- Experience of working in a transport/logistics environment with daily fluctuating workloads
- PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
- Can use Excel to intermediate or advanced level
- Experience using in-house transport management systems is an advantage
Why choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. It’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different.”
Great people deserve great things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.