Commercial Finance Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity, for an experienced Commercial Finance Analyst (or FP&A Analyst) to join the team based at our head office in Huncoat, Accrington, to provide insightful commercial analysis to drive and improve business performance. The successful candidate will be employed on a full time, permanent contract (Monday to Friday ,9am-5pm) and will be rewarded with a salary of £35,000- £40,000 per annum.
Steinhoff UK Retail, owners of Harvey’s Furniture and Bensons for Beds employs over 3000 passionate and dedicated staff and trade from over 400 retail stores across the UK. As our Commercial Finance Analyst (otherwise known as a FP&A Analyst) you will significantly contribute to the delivery and continuous improvement of the monthly forecast process, the annual budget process and the strategic plan cycle.
Our Commercial Finance Analyst will have the following responsibilities and accountabilities :
- Coordinating the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process using TM1.
- Delivery of budgets and forecasts to planned timescales.
- To complete and communicate monthly timetables to the relevant business departments.
- Develop a strong understanding of the input cost mechanics.
- CAPEX reporting & re-forecasting.
- FTE Analysis.
- Providing monthly analysis and commentary on variance to budget and previous forecasts including BTA (balance to achieve) analysis.
- Assisting with presentations and management reporting.
- Create and continuously develop delivered sales model in TM1 to improve the accuracy of delivered sales forecasting and enable explanation of variances to actual delivered sales.
- Review all support function forecasts to ensure cost efficiencies wherever possible.
- Challenge all current support functions over expenditure and that sufficient plans are in place to manage costs back to business requirements.
- Identify all risks within each stage of the forecasting process and ensure that they are sufficiently debated.
- Challenge current processes to identify and implement new ways of working to improve efficiency, robustness and usefulness of forecasting and budgeting.
The perfect Commercial Finance Analyst will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Accountancy Qualification (CIMA/ACCA) with 1-2 Years PQE.
- IT Literate – Excel skills and knowledge of CODA or similar financial systems.
- Experience of using Cognos TM1 & Alteryx.
- Excellent time management skills and be highly organized.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to debate issues and "stand ground" when appropriate.
- Experience of working in a retail/service environment.
- Proven track record of driving change and improving business processes.
- Able to follow instruction from senior staff members within the department.
Whilst this Commercial Finance Analyst position is a stand-alone role, there will be significant liaison with a multitude of stakeholders and budget holders across the organisation. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are therefore required along with the ability to present information accordingly to the audience.
If you think you have the skills and experience required to become our next Commercial Finance Analyst, then please apply now. We can’t wait to hear from you.