7 days left
- Full Time
New opportunity not to be missed! L’Arche Liverpool has unique opportunities available for Care Workers to join the team. Joining on a full time permanent basis, we are offering a salary of £7.50- £7.85 per hour.
L’Arche is an expanding, vibrant community charity which supports people with Learning Disabilities. L’Arche provides high quality, person centred, individually tailored care and support. In a world that values winning and coming first L'Arche Communities are places where people can discover who they are not just what they can do. Although grounded in the Christian tradition, L'Arche Communities welcome people of all faiths and none: our vision is a world where all belong.
We have several exciting opportunities to work across 2 sites in L7 & L13 both supporting people with a high level of health care needs including challenging behaviour, dementia, end of life care and complex learning disabilities.
About the Care Workers role
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about working with People with Learning Disabilities. We want people who are honest, have integrity, are hardworking, promote dignity, respect and equality. We want people who will work and live in accordance with the values of L'Arche where each person is valued and encouraged to build relationships with one another and to develop their own potential for growth.
What are the responsibilities of the Care Workers?
- Providing help with all aspects of personal care including PEG, Catheter, Epilepsy, Cerebral Palsy and Dementia.
- Providing support with all aspects of end of life care.
- Facilitating socialization and social activities e.g. visiting family/friends, walks, cinema/theatre, meals out, going for a drive (where required), reading etc.
- Monitoring progress and recording notes on daily record sheets relating to each visit
- Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and the management team to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each service user
- To empathise and actively listen in a sensitive manner accessing appropriate additional support where necessary
- To support Service Users to access appropriate health care provision enabling them to make an informed choice regarding any prescribed treatment, seeking advice where necessary
- Adhere to regulatory standards
- Fully Flexible to work various shift patterns
Essential skills, experience & attitude required by the Care Workers:
- Minimum 12 months of experience in working with adults who have learning/multiple disabilities living in the community
- Experience of working within a Nursing Home or Hospital setting and/or busy environment of care provider
- An understanding of the needs of adults with learning disabilities who are vulnerable within society
- A positive ‘can do’ Attitude, ability and willingness to work in stressful busy environment
- Physically fit and able to undertake safe manual handling practices
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good telephone manner and good level of spoken English
- Observant and sensitive to a Service User’s needs.
- Ability to liaise with outside agencies and other professionals.
- Ability to work autonomously and productively as part of a team
- All applicants must be prepared to work on a rota basis. Hours will include weekends, evenings, bank holidays, waking nights and sleep-ins
- Knowledge of food hygiene/manual handling/health & safety standards and practices
We offer the Care Workers a fantastic benefits package!
- 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays) given in the first year, rising to 33 days in the second year
- Essential Medical care courses (where required).
- Guaranteed Contracted Hours + Paid Over Time
- Travel time and mileage paid between sites
- A Full two weeks paid Induction &Shadowing & training
- Excellent employee support and benefits
- Child care vouchers
- DBS paid for
- QCF Level 2 and 3 in Health and Social Care supported
- Career progression and personal development opportunities
- Salary increases to £7.85 per hour once confirmed in post and qualified to QCF Level 2 or above
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an expanding, vibrant community charity as one of our Care Workers.
The successful applicants will be subject to 2 references and a fully enhanced DBS. Confirmation in post is also dependent on successful completion of the probationary period and all required training.