5 days left
- Full Time
We have a new exciting opportunity at Saga Healthcare part of the Saga Group for a Systems Consultant to join our team in Redhill. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary.
Saga is the UK’s leading provider of insurance, travel, personal finance and healthcare products and services tailored to the needs of the over 50s.
About the Systems Consultant role:
You will be required to work with Saga Healthcare IT Development. This role encompasses the development and support of the core Healthcare and Saga Money bespoke (utilising C# .Net and Mendix) and service applications and service applications amongst others. The ideal candidate will need to have recent .Net (C#) programming experience.
Key responsibilities as our Systems Consultant:
- Productive member of an Agile (method) application development team
- Programming and capture/definition of requirements for program fixes and system enhancements (systems analysis). Programming to be in relevant languages as appropriate. Unit testing, system testing and user training to be undertaken
- Provide regular progress reports to Manager
- Assisting users with their acceptance testing
- Adherence to both Company and Departmental policies and standards
- Troubleshooting, i.e. investigation and resolution of system problems reported by others
- Assist in the provision of estimates for fixes/enhancements as requested
- Ensure that all work undertaken has been documented
- Change Management (adherence to prevailing processes, forms with authorisation activities) when progressing a fix/enhancement through the SDLC environments (including live)
- Any other duties requested by Management
Experience and skills required of our Systems Consultant:
- Relevant programming skills. Knowledge of programming and database technologies; XML, Database technologies, recent.Net C# experience. Mendix training and tutoring will be provided
- Contemporary experience of .Net service development (SOAP, Rest and Mex solutions)
- Understanding of development best practice in terms of coding standards, security, accessibility and usability (demonstrable SDLC experience)
- Solid application and database design skills (Any capability with respect to good user interface and user experience/journey design a distinct advantage)
- Ability to write well-structured and commented programs
- Degree level qualification is preferred; however relevant business and/or technical experience would represent an acceptable equivalent
- Ability to think and work individually and as part of a team
- Good time management
- Good communicator (verbal, writing and visual)
So if you would like to join our team as our new Systems Consultant then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for Systems Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly