Assistant Accountant / Trainee Accountant
Assistant Accountant / Trainee Accountant, Salary £18-21k dependant on experience, Based; Hemel Hempstead, Full time and permanent.
A National Property Management Company are looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant / Trainee Accountant to work within their Finance team. Supporting the Accounts Senior, the main purpose of the role will be to maintain the individual financial books and records and related financial matters for the company. This is a hands on role giving the right individual an opportunity to get involved in a wide range of key duties in managing the company accounts. The company can offer the successful candidate study support and career progression / development opportunities.
The Assistant Accountant / Trainee Accountant role is responsible for ensuring the Accounts follow robust internal systems, whilst ensuring compliance with applicable Accounting Standards, the UK’s taxation authorities and other regulatory bodies or legislation as maybe relevant. The role includes assisting in the responsibilities as detailed below, although the role will also involve ad hoc tasks from time to time:
- Preparation of (monthly) management accounts and reporting pack
- Preparation of year-end accounts with supporting working papers
- Control and operation of ground rent collection
- Budget / forecast preparation, and variance analysis
- External regulatory audits and/or enquiries
- Posting and administration of sales/purchase ledger transactions
- Banking – managing account balances and coordinating payments/transfers
- Responsibility for HMRC reporting (including: VAT, PAYE, Corporation Tax), filing and payment as maybe necessary
- Managing systems, controls, compliance and reporting.
Person Specification – Assistant Accountant / Trainee Accountant
- Must have at least 2 years experience within an accountancy / financial environment, which may include experience gained within a professional accounting practice
- Possess (or part-qualified) a professional Accountancy qualification (AAT/ACCA/CIMA/ACA, or equivalent).
- Ideally educated to A-level standard (or equivalent), with minimum GCSE grades A-C in English & Maths.
- Sound book-keeping knowledge with a good understanding of accounting principles and legal/regulatory frameworks
- Naturally inquisitive with an ability to identify weaknesses and offer improvements to internal systems/processes (continuous improvement techniques)
- Client focussed, flexible, organised, self-motivated, with ability to use own initiative and work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail, whilst ability to keep perspective and make informed decisions
- An excellent communicator (oral and written)
- Highly computer literate, including intermediate Microsoft Office skills
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for then please apply, attaching your CV.
Apply for Assistant Accountant / Trainee Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly