We have an exciting opportunity, for an experienced Accounts Clerk to join the Accounts Payable team based at our head office in Huncoat, Accrington. The successful candidate work Monday to Friday (9am-5pm) and will be rewarded with a salary of up to £17,000 per annum depending on experience.
Steinhoff UK Retail, owners of Harvey’s Furniture and Bensons for Beds employs over 3000 passionate and dedicated staff and trade from over 400 retail stores across the UK. As our Accounts Clerk, you will be part of the accounts team, and would be responsible for you own portfolio of suppliers.
The successful candidate will ensure the accurate processing of supplier stock invoices, monitoring goods returned and replacements to ensure credit notes are received in a timely manner. In addition, you will reconcile supplier accounts, resolving issues and queries in line with processing and payment deadlines.
Your key responsibilities and duties within the role of Accounts Clerk will consist of:
- Ensuring that invoices are processed promptly to ensure payment within agreed supplier payment terms.
- Chasing suppliers for credit notes for returned / refused and replacement stock.
- Monitor and chase up rejected invoices for re-submission.
- Reconcile supplier statements and resolve discrepancies.
- Ensure that unmatched invoices / GRN Lines are dealt with promptly.
- Investigating matching differences between invoice lines and GRN lines and submitting to workflow for appropriate action.
- Liaise directly with suppliers and staff to resolve any queries promptly.
- Filing and Archiving.
- Other adhoc duties, as requested by the Team Leader, Management Accounts Team or Financial Controller.
The perfect Accounts Clerk will have the following skills and attributes:
- IT literate with working knowledge of a financial accounting package, ideally CODA.
- Experience of working with EDI invoices, auto Invoice matching exception handling.
- Experience of working in a high-volume purchase ledger processing environment.
- Quick, accurate keyboard skills
- Good working knowledge of Excel (VLOOKUPS, SUMIF, Pivot tables).
- Investigating queries to resolution.
- Understanding of stock and GRNI
- Self driven and inquisitive with positive outlook
- Focus on high quality service – credible and comfortable in dealing with people
- Natural forward planner who critically assesses their own performance
- Assertive individual, , able to demonstrate confidence in your own ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to influence and persuade at all levels
The successful Accounts Clerk candidate will have previously worked with a similar role. You will be able to commute reliably to the office base and able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
In return we will reward you with a starting salary of up to £17,000 per annum depending on experience and the chance to add value to a market leader currently going through an exciting period.
If you think you have the skills and experience required to become our next Accounts Clerk, then please apply now. We can’t wait to hear from you.