Domestic Violence and Abuse Assistant
Domestic Violence and Abuse Assistant
Part time = 16 hours per week - North Hampshire and Basingstoke
Salary - £6,400pa Temporary contract for approximately 12 months
Availability - immediate
We are a provider of Support, Care and Advice Services. We work alongside people to gain the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
We are recruiting for a Domestic Violence and Abuse ( DVA) assistant. The DVA assistants are part of a team providing practical and emotional support to women, men and children experiencing domestic abuse across the county of Hampshire.
One successful applicant will cover the West Hampshire areas of New Forest, Winchester and Eastleigh whilst the other will cover North Hampshire and Basingstoke. A car for work is essential for this post.
DVA assistants are proactive in offering support to people moving on from crisis accommodation and with resettlement such as access to local community, schools, GP's, finding furniture, securing donations.
DVA assistants support with , drop ins, campaigns, awareness raising events and group work.
We are looking for a person who has experience of:
* living, working or volunteering with male and female victims of domestic abuse
* risk management, needs led assessment and support planning
* working effectively in partnership with others
and who can:
* be person centred at all times
* work flexibly to meet the needs of the service and clients which will include evenings and weekends (as required)
* act with integrity, be trustworthy and treat people with dignity and respect
* remain calm when dealing with a crisis or emergency
* ensure all support paperwork, process and risk assessments are completed systematically within the service timescales, confidential and in plain English
* Ensure clients are at the forefront when making decisions about service design and delivery
* work to raise awareness of the service, produce good publicity materials, develop and maintain excellent relationships with people both within YOU and externally, and be an ambassador and champion for our work
This is an amazing opportunity for a person who is passionate about delivering excellent services to join our highly motivated and innovative team and may suit somebody new to this field of work.
Our clients have told us that they want the post holder to:
* be approachable but also firm and fair
* listen to the client, work with the client
* always be realistic with clients, be honest and patient
but mostly be HUMAN
The organization has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
The ideal Domestic Violence & Abuse Worker will:
* Have an understanding /knowledge and skills relating to Domestic Violence
* Have strong administration & IT skills (Must be able to competently use Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word)
* Must be able to work flexibly including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
* Must be able to drive with the use of a car for work purposes
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* Online 24/7 access to your personal rota.
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
If this sounds like you're ideal role we're keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don't delay, Apply today! please email attaching your CV. You will then be emailed a pre screen form to complete if you meet suitability for the role.
Please note we will select the first suitable applicants for assessment, so don't delay.
We are also recruiting to our bank of Sessional Support Workers, called Premier Crew. If this is something that interests you please ring 01329 821935 for more details.
Apply for Domestic Violence and Abuse Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly