Field Support Engineer / Mobile Maintenance Technician
Job Title: Field Support Engineer
Location: Covering hospitals St Georges Hospital, St Helier Hospital and Kingston Hospital
Salary: £20,000 plus £2,500 travel allowance
The Mobile Support Engineer must be quality driven and customer focused with technical ability to repair and maintain the company's equipment both at the bedside and back office. The Mobile Support Engineer requires excellent interpersonal skills and needs to be committed to customer satisfaction.
The role provides reactionary and proactive technical and operational support to the sites within a specific geographical area known as bubbles (Cover in other areas may be required from time to time).
The primary role focuses upon maintaining both bedside and back office operational equipment by way of reactive maintenance. This will be prioritised and communicated daily by your Operations Manager, maximising the uptime of Bedside Units and reducing the time to fix.
- The replacement of media hardware within hospitals at bedside locations.
- Regular safety checks of all bedside equipment.
- Monitoring of company services at hospital sites, ensuring all services and products are available to the customer.
- React to requests from the customer call centre or IT department to address issues within agreed time frames.
- Identify/address technical issues on site and escalate in a timely manner where appropriate.
- Recording of daily activities and achieve targets as defined by line manager.
- Attend sites out of normal working hours to resolve critical issues.
- Manage levels of equipment stored on site required to address equipment failures and ward staff needs.
- Product awareness on site, promoting offers and addressing customer needs on an individual basis.
- Maintain company office locations on site in line with company policy.
- Adherence to company and hospital trusts health and safety guidelines/policies at all times.
- Preparation and packaging of faulty stock to be returned for repair in line with company procedures.
- Attend all meetings or training events at the request of line manager.
Attributes and Behaviours Required:
- Logical thinker with the ability to identify issues across a variety of networks.
- Must be able to work alone with a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Ability to manage workflow and schedule to maximise productivity.
- Commercial awareness and ability to make decisions in line with the values, vision and goals of the company.
- Team player with a strong commitment whom participates and is able to build positive relations within a small team.
- Professional approach to working in a health care environment where discretion, respect and empathy are required at all times.
- Honest, reliable, flexible and self-motivated to deliver on time every time what is expected.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Familiar with the fundamental principles and infrastructure of RF Data and TV Networks (cable), Analogue Telephony, ADSL and Cat5/fibre networks delivering Tripleplay solutions.
- Must have a working knowledge of network test equipment and be able to interpret data effectively.
- Demonstrable advanced fault finding skills to diagnose and resolve complex network issues.
- Competent use of a variety hand tools and the ability to work safely in a challenging environment.
- Good command of the English language both written and verbal and be able to effectively communicate technical and non-technical issues.
- Excellent customer service skills (customer facing role).
- Good IT skills with a working knowledge of MS Office or similar software packages.
- Accurate record keeping and reporting skills.
- Similar previous experience working with one of the following:
- Qualification in Electrical/electronic engineering or other relevant discipline
- Similar previous experience within a technically based field role.
Please be aware, the company will not be providing sponsorship or relocation packages for this role and so candidates will only be considered for this role if they are eligible to both live and work in the UK.
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and cover letter.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; RF Technician, TV Technician, Radio Frequency Engineer, Maintenance Technician, RF Engineer, Digital Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Support, Manufacturing Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Support Technician, Maintenance Support Engineer, Repairs Technician may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Field Support Engineer / Mobile Maintenance Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly