Mobile Disability Support Worker
Mobile Disability Support Worker
North East Hampshire, including Farnborough, Aldershot, Basingstoke, Odiham and Petersfield
£20,902 per annum pro rata.** Annual earnings based on a basic salary of £16,600 per annum, a Market Rate Allowance of £2,000 and also incorporate shift enhancements for weekend working and sleep-in shifts as part of a typical rota.
Full time and permanent
The first suitable applicant will be recruited.
The organization is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
As a Mobile Disability Support Worker you will provide an excellent and flexible support service to our clients as you are needed within our Disabilities Services in the North and North East of Hampshire locality, which currently includes the Farnborough, Aldershot, Basingstoke, Odiham and Petersfield areas. This will involve you being adaptable to work in whichever service in this locality you are required at, either on a short term planned rota, to cover periods of annual leave for example, or sometimes to fill unplanned shifts as they arise. As such it is essential that you are willing to travel, you have a valid driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
The essence of this role is listening to and understanding the people we work with, providing support and encouragement. Enabling our clients to carry out tasks that help them to live their daily lives, and supporting them to make life choices, achieve independence, and to accomplish their ambitions.
Your working day could be very varied depending on the service you are based at and may include supporting clients with their cooking and meal planning, going on shopping trips, undertaking some personal care as needed, aiding them to access the community as they'd like including going out for a cuppa or for dinner, attending social events and activities with clients and even going to the cinema or a theatre show or two!
We also work with our clients to find employment or volunteering opportunities for them, access education at local colleges, as well as helping with budgeting support, and learning about maintaining their home. All in all, this is a very fulfilling role, working with clients who all enjoy the support of upbeat and friendly staff.
As a Mobile Disability Support Worker you will need to be organised and flexible to meet the changing needs of the role. You will be professional and pro active in all that you do, encouraging and supportive of clients and colleagues alike. To be a great Mobile Disability Support Worker, we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and has a positive outlook, with the ability to use initiative to support our clients. A good sense of humour and fun will help to make you a success in this service!
Due to the mobile nature of this role having experience with supporting vulnerable adults, especially those with a disability, is essential but this does not have to be from previous employment as lived and personal experiences are just as valuable. Although you are a mobile worker, which may involve some lone working, you will also work as part of a team and have easy access to management support.
The organization has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
* Have experience of supporting vulnerable people, especially those with a disability, through worked or lived/personal experience
* Have a valid driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes, as well as a willingness to travel
* Possess good communication skills, including written, verbal and non-verbal, as well as a sound understanding of the importance of completing paperwork and confidentiality matters
* Be flexible to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends, bank holidays and sleep-ins, and have the ability to adapt to a changeable workplace and pattern.
* Be prepared to support clients with their daily living needs
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid mileage and travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* 24/7 online access to your personal rota.
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
What Happens Next?
If this sounds like your ideal role we're keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don't delay, contact us today! Click 'Apply' to forward your details on to us; ensuring that you include your name, email address, a contact telephone number, your CV and a brief cover letter detailing your interest and suitability for the role. If your skills, experience and knowledge meet our requirements the recruiting manager will contact you to talk more about the role and ask a few key questions to ensure this is the right opportunity for you. Alternatively, you can call the Recruiting Manager, Steve Almond on 07736 179780 directly to discuss the role further.
If you are successful during this initial screening you will then be invited to an assessment and interview, full details of which will be confirmed on the official invitation.
Apply for Mobile Disability Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly