Tool Maker - Automotive
Platform Resourcing Limited are a recruitment agency based in South Wales. We take the time to understand our client and candidates needs so that we are able to help those looking to hire and those looking for work to get the best fit for them.
We are currently working in partnership with an engineering business. Our client is looking to take on a time served toolmaker/ Tool-room machinist. This is a full time permanent vacancy and in return you will be offered an excellent salary, and a benefits package which includes 32 days holiday and a company contribution pension scheme.
As part of dedicated special purpose engineering team. Reporting to the Tool Room Lead/ Supervisor the successful candidate will liaise with all departments to ensure that effective and efficient support is offered in all areas.
You will be required to work within the Tool Room and will have a good knowledge of tooling, tool making and CNC machining. The suitable candidate will have time served within a Toolmaking role/Tool Machining Environment and the ability to work under own initiative.
£12.50 per hour + Overtime
Key skills, Knowledge and Responsibilities:
- Tooling improvements
- Bespoke project work
- Supporting tooling replacement
- Refurbishment of production tooling
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- Understanding of the clients needs and demands
- Approximately 5 years’ experience, in press tools, mould tools
- Ability to use standard Tool Room machinery, and complete tasks to a high degree of accuracy
- CNC and EDM knowledge / experience would be advantageous
- Must be fully qualified & possess relevant indentures for time served as an apprentice tool maker
- Ability to manufacture jigs and fixtures as well as tool improvements and fault finding
- Experience within the automotive industry would be advantageous but not essential
- A self-starter with a positive, resilient and tenacious attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Time served tooling experience preferred but not essential
- Preventative maintenance techniques
Qualifications & Experience
- City & Guilds or ONC in Mechanical Engineering - preferred but not essential
- Time served within a similar role
- Experience of tool making
- Experienced in CNC programming
- Experience of working within a tool room environment
Hours of Work: 3 Shift Rota, 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm & 10pm-6am, Days, Night, Afternoon pattern
This company offer a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate and they are looking to take on as soon as possible.
Interested? If the answer is yes, then why not apply today and one of our team will come back to you if you are deemed suitable.
If this post is not suitable for your skills set but you are looking for a similar role why not get in contact and we can discuss other possible opportunities.
Platform Resourcing Limited are acting as an employment agency and are advertising this role, and unfortunately are not always able to response to all applications although we do endeavour to supply feedback when possible.
Apply for Tool Maker - Automotive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly