6 days left
- Full Time
Salary £24-£34,000 dependant on experience + study support if required
To prepare, develop and analyse financial information so that the Directors can make well-informed decisions, leading to future stability, growth and profitability.
You will establish and maintain financial policies and management information systems, as well as provide a high-quality support service by liaising with management colleagues on all aspects of finance.
You will oversee the financial input by the administration team.
The role combines accounting skills with business management skills.
You will analyse the performance of a business and advise on how to prevent problems, adapt to changing circumstances and improve value. This is done by managing and reducing operational and production costs and implementing newer, more effective strategies.
- preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries
- providing a support service by working as part of the management team to help make financial decisions
- ensuring spending is kept in line with the budget
- informing key strategic decisions and formulating business strategies
- advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Analysing financial performance and contributing to medium and long-term business planning and forecasts
- negotiating on major projects, loans and grants
- offering professional judgement on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance
- interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers
- liaising with other function managers to put the finances and accounts in context
- monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed
- Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls.
- Managing the sales and purchase function of the business delivered by the Administration Team.
- Making all bank payments.
- Managing petty cash transactions.
- Managing controlling credit and chasing debt.
- Reconciling confidential invoice discounting ledgers.
·To liaise with Business Managers on invoices received in relation to queries and amendments
Knowledge / Experience
·Experience of accounting principles
·Experience of Accounting software and MS Office
·Experience of purchase Ledger
·Qualified or working towards professional qualification (Study package may be available).
·commercial awareness, with an interest in business and an understanding of how an organisation works and manages resources
·a high level of numeracy
·the ability to explain complex financial information in a clear way
·professionalism and commitment
·excellent oral and written communication skills
·project management skills
·strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels including non-finance members of staff
·confidence to know where your expertise ends and another team member's begins
·the ability to remain impartial
·a lively and enquiring mind with a logical approach to work, combined with analytical and problem-solving skills
·Organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
·Stamina and motivation to balance the demands of work and study.
·To be honest, discreet and trustworthy
·Outgoing and socially confident
·Assertive when needed
·Diplomatic in discussions
·Analytical and data rational when solving problems
·Flexible, willing to change plans if needed
·Makes decisions on facts not feelings
·Makes decisions after careful consideration of options
·Plans own time effectively
·High level of attention to detail, accurate
·Organises and prioritises tasks
·Resilient under pressure, works well to tight timescales
·Optimistic and positive outlook
·Energetic and focused on achieving goals and targets
If you feel that you possess the necessary skills and experience then please send your cv by return.
Apply for Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly