IT Systems Administrator
6 days left
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity to join DBD’s IT team as a IT Systems Administrator. DBD is a family business that has grown into the UK’s leading Appliance Installation Distributor. We remain an intimate business, proud of our people, service, relationships and success. It’s a challenge, but we do so by remaining true to our values.
Your role as a IT Systems Administrator is ownership of the IT office and web services provided to internal users and external customers as well as day-to-day management and administration of IT infrastructure and services
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
(1) Responsible for the company’s IT infrastructure and software services – the procurement, budgeting, management, effectiveness, availability, compliance, policies and security of these services including all software, hardware, peripherals and consumables.
(2) Responsible for the day-to-day management and administration of IT services, including:
• Monitoring, reporting, investigation, back-up, security, performance, decommissioning
• Hardware, software, telecoms 3rd party services and suppliers
(3) Responsible for IT support service – the delivery of all IT support to internal staff and customers using DBD systems, identifying trends, anticipating issues and implementing improvements, including:
• Desktop support, on-boarding new users, peripheral support and maintenance
• Configuration and support of selected application services
• Engagement with departments to assess and improve effectiveness of service
Skills and Attributes
• Windows Server 2012 (DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, VW Ware virtualization, back-up, DR, Scripting)
• Office 365 (Account management and admin controls)
• Network and security management (switches, firewalls, LAN, VPN, WiFi access points, anti-virus)
• Webserver and domain hosts
• Desktop PC (troubleshooting, upgrades, software installation, backup, remote support)
Communication and Inter-personal Skills:
• You “own” the relationship with others – take pride in helping others, pro-active in keeping your internal customer informed of progress and possible delays
• You are a good listener, questioning and clarifying requirements so that you and the person you’re dealing with know exactly what is needed, by whom and by when.
• You give attention to non-verbal behaviours – professional presentation, approachable, enthusiastic, supportive, staying positive and energetic in the face of challenges.
• You demonstrate an interest in others – caring, considerate and motivating – you communicate openly and honestly with colleagues, leading by example.
Organisational and Analytical Skills:
• You are methodical, disciplined and structured in your approach to managing problems
• You are well-organised, self-motivated with your workload with excellent time-keeping
• You are a quick learner, demonstrating the ability to learn new skills
As a representative of the company, you are consistent in demonstrating DBD Values;
• Helpful – you empathise with others in the challenges they face, discern the underlying needs and prioritise time and resources to deliver them in a commercially viable way
• Ethical – reflect a straightforward, honest approach in all your interactions – tackle tough issues head on while maintain good communication and relationships with customers, colleagues and suppliers.
• Innovative – you demonstrate that you are not content with ok – you are always seeking ways to improve the way we work to deliver business improvement and commercial advantage.
Salary: £27,000 - £32,000 with flexible benefits
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Working Hours: 8.30 am - 5.00 pm
Contract Type: Permanent
Please apply online for this IT Systems Administrator role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application for this IT Systems Administrator role has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.