Legal Support Assistant
Foot Anstey have an exciting opportunity available for a Legal Support Assistant to join our team on a full or part time basis in Southampton. You will receive a highly competitive salary & benefits package.
The purpose of the Legal Support Assistant role is to provide high quality administrative and other support services within the team to enable the efficient delivery of the team operational strategy. Specifically the areas of involvement will include Client and Business Development / Prospective Client Engagement Activities, Team and File Operational Activities and Team Finance and Risk Activities.
Key responsibilities as our Legal Support Assistant:
- Organising travel and meetings
- Finance and Risk Management - assisting Matter Partners and other fee earners with managing monthly billing procedures, cash collection and credit control processes.
- Supporting the production of team performance reporting
- Interaction – Building contact and marketing lists and managing and tracking of client/BD activity and referrals leads
- Assisting with production of pitches and capability statements within the agreed house format
- Events – taking responsibility for events within the Group, liaising with internal and external clients for requirements, bookings, catering, equipment requests etc and ensuring events are fully supported
- Taking responsibility for other administrative business development tasks for the team as agreed from time to time
- Assisting with Client research and building relationships
- Ensuring the efficient usage of the Outsourcing services for dictated/allocated document production
- Producing/amending letters/documents/spreadsheets/presentations in line with housestyle policies
- Dealing with file opening, accompanying maintenance procedures alongside the central file opening function and file closing tasks
Skills and Attributes needed to become our Legal Support Assistant:
- A positive and practical approach with the ability to identify and implement opportunities to develop your own and the team support services to fee earners
- Confident prioritisation skills to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to work independently and within a team both with Support Unit members and the wider team, contributing effectively in team meetings
- Ability to understand and interpret complex tasks
- Ability to interact with clients up to the delegated level of authority, building positive relationships and establishing yourself as a key member of the team
Why Foot Anstey
Through a network of five offices across the South West, plus newly opened London and Southampton offices, the firm operates as one national team offering specialist legal advice and services to regional, national and international clients, both businesses and individuals. Foot Anstey is among the UK's top 100 law firms, with just under 50 partners and around 450 staff.
The firm has been acknowledged by industry commentators for its growth and business excellence. Most recently Foot Anstey was shortlisted for National/Regional Firm of the Year at the Legal Business Awards, for UK Law Firm of the Year in the British Legal Awards and also ranked in the recent Financial Times Innovative Lawyers report for its ongoing work with Screwfix and B&Q Tradepoint.
At Foot Anstey our people, like our Values, are at the very heart of our business. We aim to provide you with a rewarding career and work environment and an attractive and flexible benefits scheme as part of supporting the importance of work/life balance.
What’s in it for you?
- Structured career development programme and the opportunity to develop your skills and experience
- Five weeks' annual leave
- Additional discretionary one day as an ‘office shut down’ day annually at Christmas time.
- Lifestyle Hour – a discretionary benefit to provide a fully flexible time slot for employees to take an additional hour away from work on a weekly basis
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced and bespoke maternity, paternity & adoption arrangements
- Staff conveyancing scheme
- Discounted shopping via the Foot Anstey Reward Gateway
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Legal Support Assistant then please click “Apply” today!