Autism Support Worker
6 days left
- Full Time
Autism Support Worker
Lothian and Borders Area Services – City of Edinburgh
£8.25 Per Hour Plus Excellent Benefits Package
Full Time and Part Time positions available
Scottish Autism is an organisation dedicated to enriching the lives of people with autism. We exist to help those diagnosed with autism to lead full and enriched lives and become valuable members of the community they live in.
We also seek to share our knowledge and expertise with parents, carers and other professionals in order to support the development of skills and strategies needed to provide the best care and support for people with autism.
With a head office in Alloa and over 900 staff working across Scotland, we offer a large range of services for people with autism including education, day and vocational opportunities, supported living, outreach, respite and specialist transition support.
We have full time and part time opportunities at present for Autism Support Workers within our Lothian service, we are looking for applications from people who are looking for a role which:
- Makes a positive impact on people’s lives
- Provides a safe and nurturing environment for individuals with autism
- Allows you to use your skills and talents to enrich people’s lives, helping them to achieve their goals
- Offers a challenge and isn’t your average desk based, office job
- Empowers individuals to develop their talents
- Enables individuals with autism to engage with their local communities
We will offer you:
- A competitive salary from (£8.25 per hour + additional payments for overtime and sleepovers)
- Defined benefits pension scheme
- 32 days’ holiday (which increases with your length of service)
- Childcare vouchers, saving you up to £933 per year
- HSF Health Cash Plan, for a monthly premium (from £7.75) you and your family can claim back expenses for dental, optical and other health care expenses
- Sector leading training from day one including fully funded support to complete your necessary SVQ Level 3
- The opportunity to be part of one of the leading innovators in Autism Practice in the UK
Experience isn’t necessary due to the training we offer, however we need people who share the following values with Scottish Autism:
- Team work
- Flexibility – we need staff who can work flexibly over 7 days
Although experience is not a necessity, the ability to join the PVG scheme, or undergo a PVG scheme update is a condition for employment with Scottish Autism.
It would also be preferable if you are a driver with a full, clean licence, although this is not a necessity for all roles.
Registered charity number is SC009068
To apply for the role of Autism Support Worker, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Autism Support Worker, Support Worker, Junior Care Worker, Trainee Carer, Care Assistant, Personal Care Assistant, Junior Social Care Worker, Trainee Social Worker, Care, Healthcare.