Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant
Working hours: Full time (37.5 hrs) and part time positions available
Do you thrive on the ever changing world of Book Keeping and the challenges that this provides, do you have experience of Sage/Xero? Are you able to do VAT return preparation, Payroll, CIS? If so then this could be the position you have been looking for.
This is not a junior/trainee role and requires an independent, methodical self – disciplined experienced person. The suitable candidate must be able to think on their feet, and mentally adapt quickly to the constant challenges of jigsaw building style bookkeeping. You must be able to work on your own initiative but good communication is also essential as we are a team.
Internal systems training will be given where required but this person must have a very good bookkeeping foundation as this is a demanding role but for the right person it is also a rewarding position.
This role would suit a person who constantly loves constant challenges, and who finds themselves changing bookkeeping roles frequently striving for more of a challenge in their next role. This is an office based role.
It is imperative that you have the following
- Indepth General BookKeeping knowledge
- Good hands on knowledge of Xero ideally or Sage 50 Accounts
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office products
- A full driving license and your own vehicle would be an advantage but not critical - as travel to customer sites is required at times and can also be without warning.
Your day to day duties will include data entry of Invoices, receipts, remittances, cheques etc In to mainly Xero and but we encounter various other accounting packages such as Sage 50 Accounts/Kashflow.
Other tasks you will be required to carry out on a daily basis are:
- Accurate data entry - understanding VAT across industries
- Reconciliation of bank accounts & credit cards.
- Dealing with payroll journals and any other month end journals as each clients required.
- Producing management accounts where required.
- The balancing of intercompany loans and possibly some credit control.
- Dealing with client queries by email and telephone
- Filing and drinks making
With us there is a culture of “all hands on deck” to help out with all types of general tasks including answering the telephone, filing and also dealing with customer queries, so you will have a flexible approach and friendly personality to be able to fit with the current team.
We are a busy professional BookKeeping company based in Poole and are looking for an experienced BookKeeper to join our existing team.
Rate: £19K dependant on experience