IT Support Technician
Our clients are a rapidly-expanding IT Solutions provider with key relationships across all Tier 1 & 2 infrastructure & networking vendors, providing a single point-of contact for your customer’s business technology requirements.
The company has experienced growth in the last few years and as a result currently require an IT Support Engineer to join their team in the North West. You will assist customers in providing support and installation of their IT infrastructure, covering technology areas such as Microsoft packages, Active Directory, WAN & LAN, email maintenance, Network Devices plus a range of hardware & software support.
To be considered for this position, you will currently be working within an IT Support Environment, with strong customer interaction skills both over the phone and face-to-face, as required. Please only apply if you have the experience working within an IT Support Environment outlined above.
Key Technical Skills
- Have a broad overview of IT issues, both software, hardware and telephony systems
- Demonstrate a logical and systematic approach to problem solving and troubleshooting
- Ability to adapt quickly to different IT systems and processes
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Server 2008,2012,2016
- Routers/Switches – Configuration and Installation.
- Ability to manage fluid and varied workload
- Be a willing and helpful team player
- Exhibit a flexible, can-do attitude to problem solving using own initiative
- Display strong interpersonal skills both inside and outside the company
- Demonstrate an attention to detail and desire to ensure work is completed thoroughly
- Must be highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
Other Useful Experience (Not Mandatory)
- Cisco ASA, Routers and Switches
- Draytek Network Devices
- HPE & Dell Servers.
- Ubiquiti Unifi Wireless
- Bitdefender Antivirus
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Friendly, energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, tenacious
- Effective communication skills
- Be reliable and motivated
- Willing to ‘roll sleeves up’ and take ownership of a range of IT Support requirements
- Excellent communication and practical skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Common sense approach
Should you feel that you have the right blend of skills, knowledge and enthusiasm to become a success within this exciting new role for an IT Support Engineer seeking to develop a career within IT Support, then please apply now!