Bid Manager / Tender Proposal Manager / Bid-Writing Manager
Job Title: Bid Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000, (depending upon skills and experience)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Are you writing compelling, customer focussed, successful tenders in a web or technical environment? Do you enjoy presenting your work to potential clients?
Do you want to feel the satisfaction of working for a company that prides itself on the work it does with the NHS, local authorities, charities and government departments?
Would you like to work for a well-established Liverpool city centre digital agency in the midst of a friendly and supportive workforce?
The company is looking for a Bid Manager to help them expand their client base and relationships with existing clients.
They want you to be a big part of their future by successfully tendering for work within numerous procurement frameworks and through direct client contact. You'll gather resources for tenders, compile them, and then present them to potential clients with flair and conviction, taking ownership of the solution.
Key tasks and responsibilities: Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Take the lead on writing bids, producing compelling and coherent submissions
- Compiling contributions from subject experts, ensuring the result is client focussed and accessible
- Identify the best fit solution for clients' needs
- Take the lead on bids, directing and compiling contributions from subject experts, ensuring the result is coherent, compelling and client focussed
- Be able to make a clear commercial and business case to a client
- Assist the team with sourcing tender opportunities
- Review, update and improve their shared resources and library of responses and be able to customise tenders and pitches using these resources
- Develop and present pitches about your proposals
- Expand their current client relationships and be a key part of their business development
- Analyse sectors trends in order to know where opportunities are likely to arise
- Be able to showcase your attention to detail and organisational skills and present to clients with confidence
The person that can do all this will have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You'll be comfortable working in a digital services environment and have an excellent understanding of web technologies and content management systems. You'll be fully conversant with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
You will be the able to analyse and communicate technical information clearly to a non-technical audience. You will need a good understanding of core technologies and how they will benefit the client, although you won't need to be a technical person to achieve this. You'll need to understand the software cycle, particularly in the context of web and app development.
Your track record will show a successful history of bidding for and winning web technology work, ideally in a web agency, a digital solutions, or software services environment. Many of their successes are with public sector organisations and you should be able to show them you have proven skills in winning work in this area. Their major clients include the DVLA, North West Ambulance Service, Commonwealth Secretariat, HM Treasury, Wrexham County Borough Council, Cardiff University and Hewlett Packard.
A key element of the role is pitching the proposals you have written to new and existing clients so there will be UK based travel, with occasional overnight journeys.
You need to be a positive, driven and enthusiastic person who combines excellent attention to detail with great writing and the ability to stand in front of an audience and present your ideas clearly, with focus and flair.
They pride themselves on their supportive working environment and they offer a contributory pension scheme, a group life assurance scheme, free eye tests, a cycle to work scheme and a programme of social events. They're based in vibrant Liverpool City Centre and you will work in a team a friendly, dedicated staff that look forward to welcoming you and working with you to grow their business.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; Senior Bids Coordinator, Proposals Coordinator, Bid Manager, Business Development Manager, Tender Process Manager, Proposals Manager, New Business Development, Sales Manager, Senior Bid Manager, Tender Bid Manager, Digital Bid Manager, Public Sector Bid Manager, NHS Bid Manager, Public Sector Marketing, Digital Solutions, Technical Bid Manager, Health Service Bid Writer, Council Bid Manager, Charity Bid Manager, New Business Co-ordinator, Bid Writing Manager, Bid Writing Co-ordinator, RFT Manager, RFP Manger, will be considered for this role.