Geotechnical Engineer / Geoenvironmental Engineer
- Full Time
Job Title: Geotechnical Engineer
Salary: Negotiable + Benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
About the Role:
Our client is on the lookout for a Geotechnical Engineer to join their geotechnical engineering division operating from the company's Norwich office. You will help work on a range of site investigation projects across East Anglia, the south of England and further afield. This role will involve a mixture of site and office based work, predominantly based around the specification operation, management and interpretation of geotechnical and Geoenvironmental investigations.
- Setting up and managing ground investigation projects.
- Supervising and undertaking fieldwork activities including trial pit excavations, soil infiltration testing, borehole drilling, ground gas monitoring and groundwater sampling.
- Scheduling geotechnical and chemical laboratory testing.
- Interpreting the field and laboratory data to produce interpretative geotechnical reports.
- Phase one and two contaminated land assessments.
- Remediation and earthworks verification.
- Assisting with quotations.
- A degree in a relevant subject
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A keen interest in learning new skills
- A UK full driving license
An ideal candidate should have experience within:
- Project Management.
- Undertaking and supervising a range of fieldwork methods.
- Proving foundation recommendations.
- An understanding of other geotechnical hazards including slope stability, settlement and desiccation.
- Providing advice on ground conditions.
- Undertaking phase one and two contamination assessments
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter to apply for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or Job Titles of; Geotechnical Engineer, Environmental Engineer, Civil Engineer, Geoenvironmental Engineer, Ground Engineering, Engineering Geologist will also be considered for this role