Adoption Support Worker - TalkAdoption
TalkAdoption - Adoption Support Worker
Place of Work: Homebased-Covering both North Wales and Mid Wales
Hours of Work 18 hours
Contract Type Fixed term until 31 March 2019
Salary: £20,976 - £22,704 per annum, pro rata (After Adoption Pay Scale Point 26 – Point 30)
Plus Matched Employers Contribution to Pension Scheme (maximum 6%)
Responsible to: TalkAdoption National Manager/Team Manager
Holiday Entitlement: 25 days Annual Leave and nominated Bank Holidays (pro rata)
After Adoption provides lifelong support to anyone affected by adoption, delivering high quality services to the people who need them. Our reputation is built on over 25 years’ experience and we make a real difference to the lives of many.
Our innovative and award-winning services include:
- TALKAdoption, for adopted young people to enable them to share experiences and be supported. This also includes a therapeutic residential short break offer.
- Families that Last, our family finding service for the children who wait longest in the care.
- Therapeutic Adoption Support Services, including SafeBase, our therapeutic parenting programme developed to equip parents with the skills and techniques to parent children who have been adopted from care.
- Birth Ties, which provides advice, support and counselling to birth family members.
- ReUnite, a service to help people reconnect with family members separated by adoption.
After Adoption is looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual to join our TalkAdoption team as an Adoption Support Worker. The role will be Home Based; however, it will be affiliated with our Merseyside office. We are seeking someone who is committed to setting high standards and has pride in the delivery of their work.
You will support in the development and delivery of adoption support services through individual, family and group work throughout the Midlands with children and young people who have been adopted.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying user requirements and developing adoption support services, promotion and co-ordination of our service and providing advice, and support to families and individuals affected by adoption.
- To provide practical support in the development and delivery of services and projects; including acting as a point of contact for service users to provide comprehensive support to the TalkAdoption service.
- To provide a range of organisational and practical skills to support a service delivery team in the development, delivery, promotion and coordination of TALKAdoption support services and to support the team in provision of a comprehensive range of Residential and Non-Residential services to adopted children and their families.
- You will also support in the organising/co-ordination and supervising of residential camps on a regular basis. This will require some occasional national travel and overnight stay.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a related area. You will also have experience of working with children and families and providing support within a multi agency setting. Knowledge of the Adoption and Children Acts would be desirable with an understanding of how adoption affects all parties.
If you are passionate about helping others and making a difference, and want to play a role in driving forward the work of After Adoption, then get in touch.
In return you can expect:
- Matched employers contribution to a group pension scheme (to a maximum of 6%)
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Your achievements to be acknowledged through our Reward and Recognition Scheme
- Family friendly policies and flexible working via credit time
Closing Date: 25 September 2017
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply' button to be directed to the After Adoption website.
Applicants will be subject to vetting checks related to child protection and safeguarding matters. These include references covering a five-year period, medical fitness checks, qualification status/registration, identity checks and Enhanced DBS checks as laid down by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
After Adoption reserves the right to close adverts early for particular reasons. Adverts will therefore close at midnight, either on the advertised closing date, or the day the decision has been taken to remove the advert early. Applicants are encouraged to complete and submit applications at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
After Adoption a registered charity number 1000888 is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.