Department / Function: Corporate ~ Finance
Location: Manchester (Chadderton)
Hours: Full time. Mon-Fri
Salary: £33,000 to £37,000 plus bonus and benefits
Financial Accountant - Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA
One of the UK's leading providers of betting and gaming solutions for the retail gambling sector is seeking a qualified Financial Accountant to join the Manchester (Chadderton) based finance team.
Working as part of a financial reporting team of 6, the role offers a mix of technical & management accounting and commercial finance support. The successful candidate will be required to work alongside and support the Financial Planning and Analysis function and to work with non-finance staff.
Proficiency in accounting packages is essential, with Oracle experience desirable and Excel experience to at least intermediate level is essential. The business is migrating to a new ERP system over the next 18 months and you will have the opportunity to contribute to this implementation and the development of improved management information reporting.
The role would ideally suit a newly qualified accountant looking for a first move from an audit practice into industry. Previous exposure to US GAAP is not essential, though candidates will be exposed to this alongside UK GAAP.
To support on-going finance team requirements, specifically but not restricted to:
* Completion of month end postings, reconciliations and reports to a demanding schedule.
* Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts together with supporting schedules and management information.
* Inputting into the monthly forecasts and annual budget processes as required.
* Preparing and submitting VAT Returns.
* Working with external advisors and the corporate tax function to prepare and submit Corporation Tax Returns.
* Preparation of Statutory Accounts.
* Working with both Internal and External auditors to manage the audit process.
* Managing the Business' Sarbanes Oxley Compliance process and undertaking process reviews to ensure the ongoing appropriateness of controls.
* Reviewing the accounting treatment of new contracts.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
* Excel to at least intermediate level.
* Ability to deliver to strict deadlines.
* Experience of one or more accounting packages is essential, Oracle is preferred.
* Experience of statutory accounts preparation is essential and management accounts / cost centre desirable.
* Experience of audit (either internal or external) preferable.
* Financial and commercial experience useful.
The company employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, which employs 8000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.
Please send us your details via 'Apply', and ensure you include a valid email address as you will be sent further instructions.