Politics Educational Writer
Full time, fixed term contract (6+ months)
This is an opportunity for graduates to share their knowledge and enthusiasm for the study of Politics through paid positions writing educational resources that our customers – teachers throughout the UK – will use in their class to teach A Level Politics.
What you will achieve:
- Published material that will help future learners succeed in their qualifications
- Experience in publishing and education sectors
- Develop research and planning skills to a specific project brief
- Familiarisation of new teaching requirements set by examination boards for A level
- Develop your teaching skills by gaining practise in structuring lessons, communicating theory to A Level students, and covering unit specifications.
- Opportunity to develop own resource ideas
What we’re looking for:
- A politics specialist with a detailed knowledge of UK Politics
- A detailed knowledge of politics including degree-level study of UK Politics
- An ability to adapt and improve methods of working so that any mistakes identified are not repeated
- An ability to communicate effectively, concisely – to write with flair and enthusiasm for your subject.
- An ability to write about politics from a neutral, educational perspective
Even without teaching experience, the ideal candidate will be able to apply creative strategies for teachers, taking the content students need to learn and presenting it in an accessible and digestible way.
One position is available: 6-month initial contract starting ASAP. There is a strong possibility of further publishing opportunities – including writing, checking and/or editorial work.