Production Laboratory Leader
Production Laboratory Leader
Up to £38,000 DOE Plus Pension Scheme, DIS
Our client is an independent, privately owned company that provides their customers with a wide range of scientific products and solutions. They are now looking for a Production Laboratory Leader to join them.
This is an outstanding opportunity to further develop your rewarding and highly desirable career within laboratory production or quality. You’ll be able to consolidate your skill-set and make strong inroads in an exciting and engaging field.
Within a stimulating environment, you will have the chance to play a key role in our client’s day-to-day operations.
As the Production Laboratory Leader, you will provide management and leadership to the Production Laboratory Team.
Specifically, seeking to maximise the efficiency of our client’s Production Laboratory, you will ensure all products meet agreed service levels, maintain inventory levels, process and fulfil customer sales orders and schedule maintenance and cleaning of all areas of the lab and equipment.
You’ll organise training to enhance your team’s abilities and monitor their performance to ensure that they fulfil their potential. Taking responsibility for proficiency assessments, you’ll also undertake any disciplinary and performance management activities as required.
Additionally, your role will include:
- Supporting the Quality Manager and deputising in their absence
- Managing laboratory resources and capabilities
- Supporting external quality control assessment studies
- Collating product verification data
- Co-ordinating the production of calibration and AQC standards, and all contributory elements of uncertainty tables
- Managing all site health and safety activities and processes
To be considered, you must have:
- At least five years’ experience as a production lab and/or quality leader
- A strong leadership style with the ability to motivate all level of personnel
- The ability to develop QMS documentation, including internal auditing, COSHH and risk assessments
- At a minimum, a degree level qualification (or equivalent), ideally in a scientific or management-focused discipline
As the Production Laboratory Leader, you must have a decisive approach and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Excellent attention to detail and the ability to motivate others are also key.
Additional qualifications would be: PRINCE2, NEBOSH, or Six Sigma Green or Black Belt. ERP and/or MRP system development skills would also be an advantage.
To apply for the role of Production Laboratory Leader, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Production Laboratory Leader, Production Laboratory Team Leader, Production Supervisor, Production Team Leader, Production Team Lead, Production Team Supervisor, Manufacturing Supervisor, Manufacturing Team Leader.