Registration and Charity Manager
REGISTRATION AND CHARITY MANAGER
This is an exciting, varied and key role within a small event management team, responsible for delivering one of the largest and most successful half marathons and charity fundraising events in the UK, the annual Bath Half Marathon.
The post entails a number of interesting and fulfilling roles which vary through the event year.
The post would ideally suit someone with an interest in event management, running and endurance sporting events. Prior experience in event management, the charity sector and on-line registration platforms would be helpful, but is not essential, as full induction and training and support will be provided within the team environment.
The successful candidate will be confident and self-motivating, capable of managing your own portfolio of tasks, interacting and reporting to other team members, and able to cope with the pressures of delivering a major public event.
The post offers opportunities to develop new skills through in–work training plus external courses, and experience of working in varied roles at other major public events.
The post principally involves :
- Management of the event’s on-line race entries registration system – 16,000 half marathon and fun run entrants per year
- Management of the event’s charity partnerships – 130 official charity partners raising over £2.2 million pounds per year
- Responding to customer, charity and general public email and phone enquiries
- Managing a team of volunteers staffing the public information desk on race weekend.
Areas of Work
You will initially be working exclusively on the Bath Half Marathon, but you will also be required to assist on other public events.
- Entries and Merchandise Registration. Assisting with the building and testing of on-line registration and enquiry forms and processes. Day to day management of the registration process. Updating customer records and managing refunds. Providing regular reports on entries and merchandise sales, including charity donations. Validating club membership and qualifying criteria (elite entries), and checking team names
- Registration of phone (and postal) entries (less than 1% of entries), inputting data onto on-line database, processing credit/debit card payments, collating cheque banking
- Charities Manager. Assisting the Race Director with day to day enquiries from potential and existing event charities. Managing the process of on-line charity applications. Updating charity website entries. Assisting and advising charities on the on-line entries process. Updating fundraising reports. Attending charity photocalls
- Customer Enquiries. Responding to enquiries from event registrants, race charities and the general public by email, phone and letter regarding event status, entries registration and merchandise purchases, payment and registration queries, entry cancellations, elite entry requests, race results and prizes. Updating answerphone messages
- General Public Enquiries. Responding to local residents, businesses etc enquiries about road closures, diversion routes, parking suspensions etc
- Notification and Consultation. Assisting the Race Director with postal and email notifications to local councillors, residents groups, emergency services, businesses etc.
- Procurement. Assisting the Race Director with the design and procurement of :
- Event T-shirts and merchandise.
- Event accreditation, staff / media and volunteer passes, residents passes etc.
- Race pack and merchandise mailouts
- Race winners’ prizes and trophies
- Volunteer Recruitment. Responding to public enquiries about event volunteers. Assisting the Volunteer Manager with mailouts and registration of event volunteers, updating records on the volunteer database
- Event Management. Briefing and supervision of the entries registration and public enquiries team over the event weekend. Including officials and volunteers’ registration, merchandise sales, elite athletes hospitality, lost child enquiries, missing persons enquiries, family liaison, lost property enquiries, equipment and branding distribution and recovery
- Volunteer Management. Assisting the Volunteer Manager with co-ordination, briefing and supervision of other event volunteers (marshals, drink stations, post-finish areas etc) over the event weekend/s. Assisting with the printing and distribution of volunteer briefing packs, coordinating volunteer team kit and equipment requirements, volunteers payments, mailing lists and cheque mailouts
- Media and Marketing. Assisting the Race Director, and the company’s PR agency with fulfilment of event media plan. Extracting media stories from registration database. Assisting with photocalls. Collating and indexing newspaper cuttings, photographs, recordings etc
- Race Results. Resolving race results queries, checking timing and video records. Updating results records. Assisting with compilation of prize lists and cheque/prize mailouts
- Website Updating. Assisting the Race Director with maintaining and updating website content on event registration, charity listings and advertising, news stories etc
- Stocktaking. Assisting with the maintenance and replacement of event and office equipment, stationary etc within the office, warehouse and event site/s
- Data Security. Assisting with the security of customer and company financial and personal data, in accordance with our Data Protection Act and merchant card processing agreement/s
- Workstation. Maintaining your own workstation, and assisting with maintaining communal areas, in a clean and tidy condition
In association with other team members general – not exclusive but may typically include :
- General and varied assistance to all team members during peak times
- Filing, photocopying, collating documents, preparing briefing packs, colouring maps/plans.
- Stocktaking of merchandise and equipment, stationary purchase. Purchasing postage, milk/tea/coffee etc
- Tea / coffee making. Office tidying / cleaning. Taking out recycling and office rubbish. Shredding of confidential documents
- Security of premises – key holder.
- Receiving and signing for postal and goods deliveries. Taking and collecting post to and from post office. Assistance with deliveries.
- Receiving clients and visitors. Attending meetings & photocalls as required. Assisting with refreshments for visitors and meetings
- Assistance with bookkeeping
- Light manual work associated with set up and break down of event office.
As a key member of a small and often busy event management team, in addition to your core responsibilities, you will be required to be flexible and to assist from time to time whenever required with other duties and to support other team members at peak times, just as other team members will be expected to assist you at busy periods through the event calendar.
We are a small team and it is very much a ‘all hands on deck’ approach where we all help out as much as possible and think outside the box !
Live Event Days
As part of a busy event team you will be required to attend all live Event Days, which will include working extended hours and weekend working in the immediate run up to an event, during and after.
Paid leave in lieu of live event days will be allowed at the rate of 1.5 days leave per live Event Day, planned in conjunction with other team members to ensure adequate staffing of the office. Leave may not always be available immediately before or after live Event Days.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
You will be required to have advanced proficiency in PC based MS Office Suite applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and Internet Explorer. Previous experience on on-line registration platforms or customer management systems, WordPress and MS Access would be helpful.
You will be required to have current driving licence and may be required to drive company or hired cars or light vans during event periods. Your role managing the lost child team will also require you to undergo a DRB check. Previous event experience and relevant skills such as current qualifications in first aid at work would be helpful.
General training and support will be provided for all office systems as part of an induction process and on an on-going basis as part of a personalised professional development plan.
Experience of customer service and data management is essential. Experience of web-based data management, previous event experience and knowledge of the local Bath area would be useful, plus an interest in sporting and running events