Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer, Colchester, Essex
Reporting to the Service Manager Automated X-ray, the Technical Support Engineer will provide technical / applications support for the Company's product range for both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for support of customer applications for semiconductor on wafer and advanced packaging areas.
- Understand customer requirements and convert these to tool operation.
- Manage customer samples and generate reports and presentations.
- Attend conferences and provide technical sales support.
- Generate data and reports for sales and marketing use.
- Provide technical support during customer conference calls and on-site meetings.
- Handling all technical enquiries, problem diagnostics, communication and feedback to concerned parties.
- Provide out of hours support via the telephone in accordance with the on-call rota.
- Provide on-site support at customer sites for installations, training, fault diagnosis and applications support / development.
- Take ownership and proactively manage technical issues to completion such that they are resolved prior to escalation.
- Ability to manage / lead customer support projects. Achieve targets on time and on budget.
- Proactively manage customer expectations to closure, taking into account both commercial and technical perspectives.
- Effectively follow escalation process.
- Liaison and co-working with interfacing R&D departments (software, mechanical & electronic) to ensure that all issues and requests are processed and actioned in a timely manner to the customers' satisfaction.
- Liaison and co-working with interfacing production departments (Aylesbury).
- Liaison and co-working with regional teams (sales, service and applications)
- Provision and co-ordination of all UK and overseas product and applications training.
- Maintenance of Health and Safety and 5S in areas of responsibility.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Educated to degree level in an engineering or science discipline (or equivalent).
- Experience in a semiconductor environment and experience with metrology tools.
- Experience of generating customer facing technical reports.
- Communication skills - verbal, written and presentation.
- Strong leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive approach to problem resolution.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to: Manufacturing Technical Maintenance Engineering Technical Engineer Manufacturer Colchester Chelmsford Braintree Ipswich Essex Suffolk