Lead Unit Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
Are you an experienced in Logistics Unit Manager looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Lead Unit Manager to join our team in Milton Keynes, working 37.5 hours a week.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Lead Unit Manager, you will lead, motivate, manage and develop the Recycling Asset management teams under your control in line with the Company’s strategic aims and the company values and behaviours. Duties include:
- To lead and manage Milton Keynes MRF team ensuring the efficient, compliant and profitable operation of Milton Keynes MRF.
- Manage, via site teams, the day to day operation of the functions ensuring that all Health and Safety, Environmental, Site Permit, Site Licence, Personnel and other legislation is adhered to
- Ensure Risk Assessments are conducted on activities within area of
- Provide written instructions of Safe Systems of Work outlining potential hazards and Control Measure
- Personally lead the embedding and development of a positive safety culture at all levels across your area of responsibility.
- Lead by example to build engaged workforce ensuring there are adequate levels of skills, expertise and resource in the facility
- Ensure the timely and regular completion of PARS and development plans for teams and individuals.
- Management of the quality operations including output specification controls for all processed commodities at the facility
- To optimise output from the MRF’s balancing cost against revenue through the use of key performance indicators (KPIs) and best practice working.
- Ensure the compilation of relevant financial information for setting budgets and forecasting as required.
The ideal Unit Manager will have:
- Extensive and proven knowledge and experience of Process based operations.
- Knowledge of UK and EU legislative (e.g. H&S, environmental) and technological constraints and developments.
- Knowledge of financial systems and capital expenditure management.
- Extensive people management experience within a large Process Facility at management level.
- Extensive people management experience within a large department/region at senior level
- Ability to think and act strategically in short, medium and long term horizons
- Full driving licence.
- NEBOSH General Certificate in health and safety or equivalent
In return for your hard work as a Lead Unit Manager, we can offer a salary of £55,000 - £60,000 per annum plus Company Car, excellent benefits, pension scheme and plenty of opportunity for personal development working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Lead Unit Manager, then Viridor want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Closing Date: 11th September 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.