Key Accounts Administrator
We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At Macmillan Distribution we are currently looking for a Key Accounts Administrator to join our team based in Basingstoke. The successful candidate will join us on a full time basis for a fixed term contract for 12 months and will receive a competitive salary.
Macmillan Distribution (MDL) is the award winning distribution arm of the Macmillan Publishing Group. MDL provides a distribution service for its own Group publishers as well as distribution services to over 40 third party publishers. The commercial operations are based in Basingstoke and the warehouse in Swansea ensures a smooth operation of receiving, storing and distributing an extensive range of books, handling over 40,000 titles.
About the role
The Customer Services department is seeking to recruit a Key Accounts Administrator. The successful candidate will report directly to the Key Accounts Manager. They will take full ownership of all aspects of managing their designated Key Accounts including resolving all queries, scheduling and attending regular meetings with the customers and providing monthly business reports.
The Key Accounts Administrator duties and key responsibilities
- Understanding Key Account customers requirements
- Developing and improving the EDI relationship
- Scheduling and attending meetings
- Producing minutes and controlling the action points from the meetings
- Monitor the despatch performance of orders assisting in warehouse workload management
- Actively involved in the change management process; raising and testing change management forms as required
Skills needed to become our Key Accounts Administrator
- Recent experience of face to face Key accounts management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel (preferably 2010)
- Flexible and willing attitude
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Used to dealing with SLAs and tight deadlines with changing customer demands
- A thorough understanding of Customer Services Processes would be an advantage
This is an exciting role which requires strong interpersonal skills, initiative and the ability to work with limited supervision, plus the flexibility to cope with a varied workload. Knowledge of the complexities of the publishing distribution market would be an advantage.
The position will be 35 hours per week and hours of work will vary between 08.30am–5.30pm Monday to Friday. The role is based in Basingstoke.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to join us as our Key Accounts Administrator then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!