1 day left
- Full Time
Are you an experienced Logistics professional looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continuing business success and growth we now have a fantastic opportunity available for a Logistics Crew Member to join our team in Canning Town, working 5 out of 7 days.
Logistics Crew Member responsibilities:
- Assisting in the daily duties of collecting waste from customers’ sites.
- Assisting the LGV Driver acting as a banksman where any manoeuvring is undertaken.
- Assisting the driver in keeping the vehicle clean and maintained to Viridor standards.
- Working in a safe manner at all times, reporting any incidents or near misses to the Logistics office in a timely manner.
- Receiving instructions from the Logistics Office regarding jobs to be done and carry them out efficiently in accordance with the law and the best interests of the Company.
- Passing to the Logistics Office any factors affecting operations, observed or commented upon by customers making any suggestions which may improve efficiency or service.
- Ensuring the legal requirements are complied with by following the work instructions provided and procedures as indicated by line management.
- Completing paperwork for every job ensuring that the necessary information is recorded fully and legibly.
- Ensuring that hours and working arrangements are within legal limits.
- Submitting all documents daily to the Logistics Office or as indicated by line management.
- Taking all necessary precautions for the safety of people, vehicles and plant as per Health and Safety legislation.
- Completing daily timesheets of work carried out and enter legibly and fully all the information required.
- Assisting with Driver’s checks and debriefs at the correct intervals, and report all vehicle equipment/container faults immediately by the approved system.
- Reporting any accident affecting vehicles, equipment, self or third parties to the Logistics Office at once.
The ideal Logistics Crew Member:
- Ability to carry out instructions as directed by line management.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to maintain regular working hours.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience with manual work.
- Good verbal and written English.
In return for the Logistics Crew Member position, we can offer a salary of £21,624 per annum as well as an attractive benefits package. You will be working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a Company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Logistics Crew Member then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Closing Date – 18 September 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.